Moths to a Flame
|Moths to a Flame|
|Section||Tarnished Coast Quests|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Given by|| Justiciar Naveed |
in Alcazia Tangle
|Preceded by||Insidious Remnants|
|Followed by||The Justiciar's End|
(Click to enlarge)
- Meet Justiciar Naveed at the Magus Stones.
- Rendezvous with the White Mantle.
- Lead the White Mantle to Justiciar Naveed's ambush point.
- Defeat the White Mantle.
- See Justiciar Naveed for your reward.
Exit from Rata Sum to the Magus Stones and head down the hill to the right. You need to take out 2 groups of Wind Riders and another group of Krait (by the covered pool). When you arrive at (Point 1) on the map (by the Resurrection Shrine), you meet Justicar Naveed and are given the rest of the mission. Move through the gap to (Point 2) on the map (again by a Resurrection Shrine), killing the Krait groups found along the way, where you meet up with the group of White Mantle. After a short (but sweet) dialogue, return with the White Mantle to (Point 1), where Justicar Naveed awaits. Kill the (now hostile) White Mantle group and see Justicar Naveed for your reward. Don't forget to activate the Resurrection Shrines, even though the White Mantle will not attack your party until you return to (Point 1) and meet with the Justicar Naveed.
- "I've been thinking since last we spoke, <Player name>. Glayvin claims we've altered the aspect of Lazarus trapped inside me and somehow corrupted it. He feels that if Lazarus obtains the aspect in this state, it will most certainly harm him. That may be our only chance. Lazarus was among the most powerful of the Unseen Ones. We need to lure him into a trap, even if that means I have to make myself the bait in the process.... The White Mantle is gathering at Magus Stones. I need your help."
- Accept: "For the greater good!"
- Decline: "This is hopeless."
- Ask: "The White Mantle is descending on the Magus Stones. Let's stir that hornet's nest, shall we? [sic]"
- Justiciar Naveed: "Here's the plan: The White Mantle has been chasing me for so long, they would think something amiss if I turned myself in. That's where you lot come in."
- Justiciar Naveed: "You talk to them. They don't know it was you who felled their scouts. You'll be fine. Tell them you've found me."
- Justiciar Naveed: "They'll be eager to have me back, so they'll follow you. I'll be waiting here. When you bring them, I will attack. That's your cue."
- Justiciar Naveed: "We'll let one scout escape to bring word back. We must convince the White Mantle that I intend to fight...and to live. If they feel like I've given up, Lazarus the Dire would become suspicious and notice the changes to his aspect."
- Justiciar Naveed: "This is our only chance. We have to make the best of what life gives us."
- <Player name>: "Hail! I hear you've been looking for a fugitive of the the White Mantle."
- <Player name>: "I have some information about Justiciar Naveed...if the price is right."
- White Mantle Scout: "You know the whereabouts of the traitor? Take us there. Now. Your payment is that you keep your lives."
- Justiciar Naveed: "Just like moths to a flame. Attack!"
- "We've done it! With that scout fled, I don't doubt that the White Mantle will soon be on us in force. I'm sorry to have put this on you, friend. But I fear it's the only way we can guarantee that Lazarus the Dire won't expect any...unpleasant surprises... when it comes time to reclaim this aspect. All we can do now is head back to Tarnished Haven. I suspect we won't have to wait long. It's a shame. I would have liked to watch the sun set just one more time..."
- If the White Mantle Scout gets stuck on an iguana or a locked chest the quest will not update when Justicular Naveed has laid his trap.
- Until leading them back to Naveed, the White Mantle are considered allies and will aid your party; for example, Abbots will heal Necromancer minions.