The Cipher of Lyssa
|The Cipher of Lyssa|
|Section||Tarnished Coast Quests|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Given by||Kerrsh |
in Tarnished Haven
|Preceded by||The Cipher of Melandru|
|Followed by||The Cipher of Kormir|
When proximity bar is 60% filled.
Near the entrance to Oola's Lab.
Help Kerrsh research the human gods.
- Use the Divination to locate the Facet of Illusions.
- You are currently carrying the Divination.
- Defeat the Facet of Illusions to obtain its cipher.
- See Kerrsh for your reward.
It is possible to complete this quest with little effort - keep zoning into Magus Stones until the bar is 75% filled - then head to the closest location mentioned in the maps. Each time you enter Magus Stones while this quest is active, the spawning location will be reset to one of the following randomly chosen locations:
- Northern, middle of zone, and due west of Rata Sum; in the middle of a small lake. The proximity bar will be around three quarters of the way filled when you leave Rata Sum.
- This is the location closest to Rata. You can simply rezone until you obtain this location to make quest completion easier.
- West. Due west of the zone's name on the world map, near a shrine.
- Southwest. Almost due west of the zone gate to Alcazia Tangle, in the middle of the zone. Between two rock outcroppings (these appear below the zone name on the World Map).
- Northwest. Near the entrance to Oola's Lab. Go north beneath the vine bridge created during the Elusive Golemancer quest into the enclosed area, the Cipher is beyond the pool.
Divination refers to the bar labeled "Proximity to Target" which fills as you approach the Facet's location. Once you find a location where the proximity bar is filled, wait and look around to see a circle of light, signaling the Facet is coming out of hiding. Defeat the Facet to complete the quest.
- "We are almost there. The answers we seek are near, yet there is more that must be done.
- The Facet of Illusions, a manifestation of your deity, Lyssa, has appeared within the Magus Stones. Defeat it and bring its cipher to me. Quickly now, our time draws near!"
- "The one you call Lyssa, goddess of illusions... does she mock us? Taunt us? Perhaps she is trying to tell us something. My eyes are open, and my ears strain to hear. We must gather the last cipher. Only then will we understand."