From Guild Wars Wiki
|Type||Rare crafting material|
Onyx Gemstones are one of the rewards for defeating a dungeon in Guild Wars Eye of the North. They are one of the required materials needed to craft Destroyer Weapons, which are crafted by Balthor Coalforge in the Slavers' Exile dungeon.
- Expert salvaged from certain items (rare chance).
- No creatures currently appear to drop Onyx Gemstones.
- Eye of the North
- Diamond, Onyx Gemstone, and Spiritwood Plank are the only crafting materials that cannot be used to craft armor.
- Onyx is a form of quartz with a texture of tiny crystals. The name comes from the Greek and means "claw" or "fingernail".
- The art for Onyx Gemstones was previously used as the icon for the Obsidian Shard prior to the June 29, 2005 update.
- Prior to the August 23, 2007 update, Onyx Gemstones had no use, no drop locations and no storage slot, but could be obtained from the rare materials trader (when in stock).