Arborstone (explorable area)
The Arborstone area is wherein lies Cathedral zu Heltzer, the place where the sacred Kurzick relic, the Urn of Saint Viktor, is stored. After the Arborstone mission, the cathedral is now overrun by Wardens. In the watery lowlands surrounding the cathedral itself are groups of Dredge, Kirins, and hostile Plants.
The Count's Daughter primary quest will lead a party through here for the first time, although that part of this explorable area is actually in an isolated small section. To explore the rest of this explorable area will entail reaching the Altrumm Ruins first. From there, secondary quests like Song and Stone and Wardens On the March will bring parties here. From Arborstone, talk to Gatekeeper Becker. This will allow you to enter the northern part of the explorable area (with Lift Operator Shulz).
- Altrumm Ruins (south)
- Arborstone (north, via Lift Operator Shulz, but only if the Count's Daughter is active or has been completed)
- Tanglewood Copse (northeast)
- Kurzick Priest → Blessing of the Kurzicks
- Luxon Priest → Blessing of the Luxons
- At the exit into Tanglewood Copse (if under Luxon control).
- Resurrection shrines with a statue
- Avatar of Dwayna
- Northeast, at the exit into Tanglewood Copse.
- Champion of Balthazar
- Lyssa's Muse
- East, before a high bridge that leads to the northeastern entrance of the central cathedral building.
- Voice of Grenth
- West, near the southwestern corner.
- 20 Kurzick Guards or 20 Luxon Guards
- 20 Kurzick Merchants or 20 Luxon Merchants
- 20 Kurzick Priests or 20 Luxon Priests
- 20 (20) Lift Operator Shulz
- 10 (20) Bruna zu Heltzer
- 10 (20) Nadetta zu Heltzer
- 20 (20) Rald zu Heltzer
- 10 (20) Redemptor Karl
- 10 (20) Selik zu Heltzer
- 28 (30) Oni (only in the isolated section)
- 20 (26) Blood Drinker
- 23 (26) Stone Scale Kirin
- 24 (26) Fungal Wallow
- 21 (26) Warden of the Tree
- 18 (25) Warden of the Trunk
- 21 (26) Warden of the Branch
- 18 (25) Warden of the Leaf
- 20 (26) Warden of the Spirit
- 24 (26) Warden of Earth
- 18 (25) Warden of the Spring
- 20 (26) Warden of the Summer
- 28 (30) Mahr Stonebreaker → Forceful Blow (The Stonebreaker)
- 28 (30) Meril Stoneweaver → Shield of Regeneration (Stoneweaver)
- 28 (30) Craw Stonereap → Lingering Curse (The Stonereaper)
- 28 (30) Zarnas Stonewrath → Shockwave (Zarnas' Wrath)
- These quests will affect the spawns in this area:
- Your character can bypass the lift by having more unspent faction of the allegiance not controlling Tanglewood Copse and not activating the resurrection shrine outside of Tanglewood Copse (by bribing the priest or killing the resurrection shrine NPCs). When your party wipes, your party will be resurrected at a shrine closer to Altrumm Ruins and/or the Arborstone outpost.
- There are places here that allow a view of the eastern edge of the map. However, instead of the Qinkaishi Mountains, the player will see water.
- Each of the stone guardian bosses appear to be alone. However, they are guarded by spawns hidden in nearby pillars (typically 2 each of Stone Crushers, Reapers, and Rains). Be prepared to take on 6 pillars plus the boss.
- These extra guardians are not automatically released from the pillars: the Warrior Boss' guards are triggered when a human player walks over the top of the southwest ramp in the main room (from Altrumm Ruins); the caster bosses' guards are triggered by the northeast ramp.
- Bosses can be pulled away from the pillars without triggering opening of the pillars. Alternatively, you can sometimes break the guardians out of the pillars without aggroing the nearby boss.
- Cartographer candidates should scrape the edges of this small area (uncovering approximately 0.5% additional area).
- Vanquisher runs of this area requiring defeating 245 to 353 foes, averaging around 315 kills without active quests. You will be warned, "You must enter the Arborstone explorable area from Altrumm Ruins in order to vanquish it."
- This area features one of the few tile compass roses seen outside Ascalon and Kryta.
|Explorable areas in the Echovald Forest|
|Arborstone • Drazach Thicket • Ferndale • Melandru's Hope • Morostav Trail • Mourning Veil Falls • The Eternal Grove|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Landmarks|