From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about an explorable area. This name is also used for a Zaishen vanquish quest.
|Exit(s)||Aspenwood Gate (Kurzick)|
House zu Heltzer
Saint Anjeka's Shrine
Ferndale lies southeast of the most prominent of the Great Kurzick Houses, House zu Heltzer. It features a central space that is relatively flat and open compared to the rest of the Echovald Forest. It is currently heavily populated by the Dredge, with Wardens mostly confined to the southern areas. The northwestern slopes are populated by Mantids due to the streams in that area.
All of the primary quests acquired in House zu Heltzer lead through here, including the Defenders of the Forest, Defend Fort Aspenwood, and the Jade Quarry.
Most of the secondary quests from the town will also require the player to travel through this area.
- Kurzick Priest → Blessing of the Kurzicks
- At the exit into Aspenwood Gate (Kurzick).
- At the exit into House zu Heltzer.
- At the exit into Lutgardis Conservatory (if under Kurzick control).
- At the exit into Saint Anjeka's Shrine (if under Kurzick control).
- Luxon Priest → Blessing of the Luxons
- At the exit into Lutgardis Conservatory (if under Luxon control).
- At the exit into Saint Anjeka's Shrine (if under Luxon control).
- Resurrection shrines with a statue
- Avatar of Dwayna
- Northwest, at the exit into House zu Heltzer.
- Champion of Balthazar
- Southwest, at the exit into Saint Anjeka's Shrine.
- Lyssa's Muse
- Southwest, at the exit into Lutgardis Conservatory.
- Melandru's Watcher
- Northeast, at the exit into Aspenwood Gate (Kurzick).
- Voice of Grenth
- West, near the Kurzick ruins.
- Forestermaster Vasha
- Supplymaster Konrad
- 10 (20) Chef Armand (collector for 5 Truffles)
- 10 (20) Zarek the Tamer (pet tamer)
- 20 Kurzick Guards or 20 Luxon Guards
- 20 Kurzick Merchants or 20 Luxon Merchants
- 20 Kurzick Priests or 20 Luxon Priests
- 24 (24) Moleneaux
- 20 (20) Johann zu Heltzer
- 20 (20) Konrad Vasburg
- 20 (20) Mastersmith Rutger
- 20 Black Moa (during the final part of The Beak of Darkness and afterwards)
- 5 White Tiger
- 28 (30) Oni
- 24 (26) Dredge Guardian
- 24 (26) Dredge Gatherer
- 24 (26) Dredge Gardener
- 24 (26) Dredge Gutter
- 20 (26) Luxon Warrior
- 20 (26) Luxon Ranger
- 20 (26) Luxon Monk
- 20 (26) Luxon Necromancer
- 20 (26) Luxon Mesmer
- 20 (26) Luxon Elementalist
- 20 (26) Luxon Assassin
- 23 (26) Stone Scale Kirin
- 24 (26) Mantis Mender
- 24 (26) Mantis Dreamweaver
- 23 (26) Mantis Stormcaller
- 24 (26) Mantis Hunter
- 24 (26) Fungal Wallow
- 21 (26) Warden of the Tree
- 18 (25) Warden of the Trunk
- 21 (26) Warden of the Branch
- 19 (25) Warden of the Leaf
- 18 (25) Warden of the Mind
- 20 (26) Warden of the Spirit
- 18 (25) Warden of the Spring
- 20 (26) Warden of the Summer
- 28 (30) Tarnen the Bully → Shove (Tarnen's Shield)
- 28 (30) Mungri Magicbox → Boon Signet (Mungri's Flame)
- 28 (30) Hargg Plaguebinder → Plague Signet (Plaguebinder)
- 28 (30) Mugra Swiftspell → Mantra of Recovery (Swiftspell's Staff)
- 28 (30) Tarlok Evermind → Energy Boon (Tarlok's Flagon)
- 28 (30) Urkal the Ambusher → Aura of Displacement (Urkal's Kamas) (not during Revolt of the Dredge)
- 28 (30) Wagg Spiritspeak → Signet of Spirits (Spiritspeaker)
- 28 (30) Warden of Saprophytes → Beguiling Haze (Falaharn's Split Chakrams) (only before completing Temple of the Dredge)
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Ferndale.|
- These quests will affect the spawns in this area:
- Kurzick Supply Lines (Adds 8 hidden groups of six Luxons; although, they will sometimes spawn even if the quest is not in your Quest Log.)
- Melodic Gaki Flute
- Revolt of the Dredge
- Scouting Ferndale (Adds 4 groups of six Luxons.)
- There are white mists that cause Stone Spores effect.
- Exploring this area will contribute approximately 3.6 - 3.7% towards Canthan Cartographer title.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 245 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 225 to 346 foes.
- There are several spots on narrow paths that contain small groups of hidden Wardens.
- There are 5 spots that contain hidden Oni groups (3 per group):
- On a small rise shared with Wardens at the first crossroads northwest from Lutgardis Conservatory.
- At a dead-end path near the midpoint between Lutgardis Conservatory and Aspenwood Gate (Kurzick).
- A short way southeast from Tarnen the Bully's location.
- Northern side of the central open space.
- In a corner directly north of Saint Anjeka's Shrine (green area).
|Explorable areas in the Echovald Forest|
|Arborstone • Drazach Thicket • Ferndale • Melandru's Hope • Morostav Trail • Mourning Veil Falls • The Eternal Grove|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Landmarks|