In Kurzick tradition, there exist five Great Houses which are, essentially, made up of ancient noble families. These families serve as the foundation for the entire Kurzick culture, and each one practices a different aspect of life and art. The five Great Houses each appear to be devoted to a different god.
The five Great Houses are:
- House zu Heltzer, political leaders of the Kurzicks, inventors and crafters primarily devoted to Dwayna
- House Vasburg, great fighters and armorers, primarily devoted to Balthazar
- House Lutgardis, great musicians, primarily devoted to Melandru
- House Durheim, historians, scholars and poets, primarily devoted to Grenth
- House Brauer, dedicated to art and beauty, primarily devoted to Lyssa
Lesser, but still notable houses are: