In Kurzick tradition, there exist five Great Houses which are, essentially, city-states made up of ancient noble extended families. These families serve as the foundation for the entire Kurzick culture, and each one practices a different aspect of life and art. The five Great Houses each appear to be devoted to a different Human God.
The five Great Houses are:
- House zu Heltzer, political leaders of the Kurzicks, inventors and crafters primarily devoted to Dwayna
- House Vasburg, great fighters and armorers, primarily devoted to Balthazar
- House Lutgardis, great musicians, primarily devoted to Melandru
- House Durheim, historians, scholars and poets, primarily devoted to Grenth
- House Brauer, dedicated to art and beauty, primarily devoted to Lyssa
Lesser, but still notable houses are: