|Affiliation||Echovald Forest wildlife|
Location of the Black Moa
- This article is about the charmable animal. For the collector during Farewell to Gaile, see Black Moa (collector).
The Black Moa is a fearsome subspecies of Moa Bird and its only carnivore. It appears in the Echovald Forest, assaulting many of the locals and evading hunters such as Zho and Nehdukah. It is feared, respected, and legendary among the Kurzicks, who once thought it merely a mythical beast. The tales of vicious Black Moa attacks are told to scare Canthan children to make sure they behave.
Quests involved in:
- The Black Moa is one of three rare pets with their own statues in the "Fellowship" monument in the Hall of Monuments. The others are the Phoenix and the Black Widow.
- Black Moa deal slashing damage.
- After The Beak of Darkness has been completed by any party member, you can return to Ferndale to charm a single Black Moa. Alternatively, although the quest says you must kill the Black Moa, charming the Black Moa will also complete the quest.
- Outside the Sunspear Great Hall, Nehdukah and his friends there run away if your party includes a Black Moa (since they have a reason to fear it).
- Unlocking cost (Prestige, Cantha):
- 3 plus 100 or
- 30,000 Balthazar Faction
- There is no Black Moa miniature, but there is a Black Moa Chick.
- In the Zaishen Menagerie, the Black Moa chicks use the skin from the Black Moa Chick miniature, unlike all other animals whose chicks use scaled down versions of the adult.
- Prior to the introduction of the Menagerie, this animal could only be found in the wild and at level 20.
- Moa is the name of a flightless bird in New Zealand that was hunted to extinction by the local Maori. The Guild Wars version resembles the Phorusrhacid, a predatory, flightless bird that once inhabited parts of South America during the Cenozoic Era.
|Animal Companions and Beast Mastery (edit)|
|List of Pets • Gallery of Pets • Pet Tamers • Pet Menagerie (pet leveling) • Pet Unlock Pack|
|Eye of the North|