Envoy of the Dredge
From Guild Wars Wiki
|Envoy of the Dredge|
|Section||Echovald Forest Quests|
|Given by|| Moleneaux |
|Followed by||Temple of the Dredge|
Location of Moleneaux in Ferndale
- Find Count zu Heltzer. Try to negotiate a ceasefire between the Kurzicks and the Dredge.
- See Moleneaux for your reward.
Map to House zu Heltzer and speak with Count zu Heltzer, then return to Moleneaux for the reward.
- "You won't attack me, will you? I do not mean you any harm, I just need someone to help. My people fight a great underground war against the Stone Summit Dwarves in the Shiverpeaks, far to the...north, I think. But some of my clan decided to escape the only way we knew how, by digging a tunnel to the other side of the world! And now here we are, safe from the dwarves, it seems, but these forests are strange to us. There are creatures that do not want to enslave us, no, but they want us dead. Humans called Kurzicks...I think...try to kill us for encroaching on their territory. please help us, I beg you. Help me reach this Count zu Heltzer I have heard the humans mention. I think he is one of their leaders. If he knew of our plight, surely his people would not hunt us like animals."
- Count zu Heltzer
- "What? These monstrous intruders want peace, after striking out patrols? Perhaps the creatures have convinced you they acted in self-defense, but I must rely on words of our trusted field officers, and they themselves claim self-defense. Whatever your "friend" says, his people have already made an enemy of the Kurzicks. That is the answer you may deliver. If these creatures only want to survive, they can do it wherever they came from."
- "So these Kurzicks refuse to hear reason, do they? I had hoped that we could avoid further conflict, but I am only one Dredge. Though our appeals for peace were met with scorn, I will still try to convince my people to stop attacking the Kurzicks. Perhaps in time the humans will see we are not a threat...or perhaps we are doomed. There are far more of them, to be sure. We are not monsters, and we repay your kindness with this. Thank you."