Kurzick faction is a representation of the efforts you have made in support of the Kurzicks, and by extent your reputation with the Kurzicks. Your current amount of Kurzick faction can be seen on the faction tab of the Hero panel.
There are seven main ways to gain Kurzick faction:
- Completing quests in the Echovald Forest region of Cantha, where the Kurzicks live.
- Completing the Arborstone, Eternal Grove, and Unwaking Waters missions the first time per character.
- Playing in the Kurzick challenge missions (Altrumm Ruins and Amatz Basin).
- Killing foes in Urgoz's Warren.
- Obtaining Blessing of the Kurzicks from a Kurzick Priest outside of most cities or outposts controlled by Kurzick, and then killing foes while in the explorable area the blessing was obtained. Price is 100 if you are Kurzick, and 150 if you are Luxon (50 for a bribe, 100 for the blessing; you also gain Kurzick faction for the bribe), and the blessing will disappear if you change zones.
- Vanquishing explorable areas in the Echovald Forest.
- Trading in Imperial faction.
The table below provides a summary of quests in and around House zu Heltzer that can be performed to obtain enough faction points to complete Befriending the Kurzicks.
|Artistic Endeavors||750||3000||250||-||Jun||House zu Heltzer|
|The Beak of Darkness||750||3500||275||-||Rutger zu Heltzer||House zu Heltzer|
|The Ancient Forest||750||3000||250||-||Scholar Andrej||House zu Heltzer|
|→ The Experimental Weaponsmith||750||3000||250||-||Scholar Andrej||House zu Heltzer|
|Melodic Gaki Flute||750||3000||250||-||Vasili Lutgardis||House zu Heltzer|
|→ Discord Wallow Lyre||750||3000||250||-||Vasili Lutgardis||House zu Heltzer|
|→ Rhythm Drinker Drum||750||3000||250||-||Vasili Lutgardis||House zu Heltzer|
|Song and Stone||1000||5000||350||-||Count zu Heltzer||House zu Heltzer|
|Wardens On the March||750||3000||250||-||Rutger zu Heltzer||House zu Heltzer|
|Envoy of the Dredge||750||3000||250||-||Moleneaux||Ferndale|
|→ Temple of the Dredge||750||3000||250||-||Moleneaux||Ferndale|
|→ Revolt of the Dredge||750||3000||250||-||Moleneaux||Ferndale|
|Kurzick Supply Lines||400||2000||150||Supplymaster Konrad||Ferndale|
|Scouting Ferndale||400||2000||150||Forestmaster Vasha||Ferndale|
Kurzick faction can be traded to a Kurzick Bureaucrat for the following:
|Method||Faction spent||Title points gained||Notes|
|Donate faction points to your guild||5,000||10,000||You must belong to a Kurzick-allied guild.|
|Exchange faction points for Amber Chunks||5,000||5,000|
|Exchange faction points for Passage Scrolls to Urgoz's Warren||1,000||1,000|
|Exchange faction points for Kurzick skills||3,000||6,000||Your character must be a level 20 roleplaying character that is a Kurzick Supporter (rank 1)|
- Spending both faction types
Spending points for one faction causes an equal number of points to be deducted from both factions.
- There is no way to simultaneously farm both titles.
- Although sometimes you have little choice, it is always inefficient to simultaneously collect both types of faction.
- Some players will collect 10,000 points in both types in order for a character to complete both Befriending the Kurzicks and Befriending the Luxons quickly.
The faction cap is initially 10,000, and can be raised as high as 70,000 by completing various achievements. A Kurzick Bureaucrat will list the missing achievements when asked about "Raising Kurzick Faction cap".
|Achievement||Faction cap increase|
|Complete Befriending the Kurzicks||10,000|
|Complete Unwaking Waters from the Kurzick side||7,000|
|Score 100 points in Altrumm Ruins||1,000|
|Score 100 points in Amatz Basin||1,000|
|Win a match for the Kurzicks in Fort Aspenwood||5,000|
|Win a match for the Kurzicks in Jade Quarry||5,000|
|Win an Alliance Battle for the Kurzicks||5,000|
|Achieve rank 1 in the Friend of the Kurzicks title track||5,000|
|Each additional rank in the Friend of the Kurzicks title track||1,000|
To finish the Protector of Cantha title, you must do both:
- Get 10,000 Luxon faction to complete Befriending the Luxons to open the Gyala Hatchery mission
- Get 10,000 Kurzick faction to complete Befriending the Kurzicks to open the The Eternal Grove mission.