I wouldn't want to be the first "unknown" to change an existing page's name, but shouldn't this be non-player character? That is the format used in guildwiki and, indeed, wikipedia.
Heroes are NPCs?
Are heroes really NPCs if we describe NPCs as "NPC is a character that is not under the control or management of any player"? You have both control and management of heroes.. Imo — Anja 16:33, 8 March 2007 (EST)
- I do agree that Heroes are not completely NPCs, however, they are a hybrid of both an NPC and player controlled character. If left alone, the Heroes will act on their own as an NPC, and also, you do not have full control over them. You cannot make it spin around in a circle as you could with your own character by mashing down the "a" key. The Ice Master 22:53, 31 March 2007 (EDT)
All the articles on there do not link to the ones these do. I think. Maybe I'm wrong. Am I? (link below) The Ice Master 22:41, 31 March 2007 (EDT)
Foes as NPCs?
Firstly i would like to bring up the point that under most articles there seems to be a rediculous amonut of "area" NPCs catagories for example the Charr Axe Fiend, this in my opinion from moving over from the original guildwiki looks really messy. Would it not be easyer to classify foes as beasts or enemys like on the original guildwiki? Hunter Braveheart 18:51, 21 April 2007 (EDT)
- It's been discussed long and hard. The final policy is Guild Wars Wiki:Formatting/NPCs --Snograt 19:11, 21 April 2007 (EDT)
- GuildWiki uses location categories too (as opposed to regional ones), see . The only reason that the Charr Axe Fiend article has so few categories is because no one has bothered to add them. See Afflicted Monk for how categories should look on GuildWiki. :)
- Why location instead of region? The discussion about that happened here. The consensus there seemed to be for location cats. I'm copy/pasting my reasoning from there, because I still feel the same way about this (I'm quoting myself now... one step closer to madness...) :
- I also don't feel comfortable using regions for location categories. It makes browsing the categories themselves far less practical. It also result in a loss of information; having Onis in Category:Shing Jea Island, as opposed to Category:Haiju Lagoon is a generalization that goes against the purpose of categories, which is to have the information structured in a taxonomic hierarchy. Having a 3 lines long category section? Big deal, it's at the end of the page anyway. Having far less useful Categories, whether for browsing them or for gleaning information from them, is much worse in my opinion.
- Plus, Category:Ascalon or Category:Vabbi would be huge and, dare I say, useless. Realistically, is it more practical to see the category of creatures in Joko's Domain to find what skills you can cap there, or to browse through the entire list of the Desolation creatures?
- As for the terminology NPC vs beast vs creature... I can't even really remember. If you look through User:Erszebet's contribs you'll very likely find the page where that was discussed. I personally am indifferent to it. --Dirigible 19:24, 21 April 2007 (EDT)
We need a new kind of NPC, for those who give bounties (like Vabbian Scouts and alikes). Does anyone have an idea for what to name these NPCs? Bounty giver is kinda meh : D Erasculio 12:48, 6 October 2007 (UTC)
ALT and CTRL
Added a notes section and mentioned the ALT key and CTRL key functions. Hope it helps to all newbies/people who didn't know about it. Mechu95 21:09, 9 November 2008 (UTC)