Why don't they allow you to save hero armor builds?
Oh gods, what have I done!? I've perpetuated whammos into future generations! :0--VGJustice 00:37, 9 February 2007 (PST)
- You should specify that you have to be a warrior to use it. Otherwise it wont load right? - BeXoR 00:44, 9 February 2007 (PST)
- Excellent point! Changes have been made :) --VGJustice 00:53, 9 February 2007 (PST)
Added information about saving templates in-game, and equipment templates. Relambrien 11:33, 31 March 2007 (PST)
You may want to mention that PvE charectors may only save Skill templates while PvP charectors can save both Skill & Equipment templates. Or did they disable that again?
Anyone else find that you can't have more than 550 templates in your Load Template dialog? I see them in the Skills folder alright, but they don't show up in-game. -Vazor Strafe 09:01, 8 January 2008 (PST)
- Organize them into different folders, like I mentioned in the article. Lightblade 05:50, 9 January 2008 (UTC)
- Added note to the 550 limitMystiLefemEle 09:08, 26 February 2010 (UTC)
Here is a screenshot from the tool.
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/5271/gw017nx1.jpg Vince2doom 05:34, 15 April 2007 (EDT)
- What tool is this? I didn't know there's a possibility to organize the skill templates, i thought it wouldn't work if you added the folders yourself. (outside of GW) —ZerphaThe Improver 22:24, 16 May 2008 (UTC)
- I didn't know either, but it actually works! Finally I can make head and toes out of my mess of builds... But is there a tool where you can see the contents of the equipment templates (like gwshack for skill templates)? --Lady Rhonwyn 05:48, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
- um, organziing templates in folders has always worked. what's the tool part about this? - Y0_ich_halt 08:59, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
- lol. I just organize my < 550 templates naming them things like "Hero N Discord Blood" and "E Blinding Surge." Prefixing your builds can save you the hassle of navigating folders to find builds, and still gives you a cascading folder effect via the alphabetical listing. FTLForTheLulz 14:25, 4 July 2011 (UTC)
Changing the directory path for saving templates (prob. applies to screenshots as well)
Upgraded from XP to 7 and it was quite a shock (and an annoyance) to find this change, since it defaults to the game's install directory in XP.
So anyway of doing this - getting it to save the stuff in "NotCdrive:\~\<gamefolder>\" rather than "C:\~\My Documents\" in Win7? Rummaged through the registry and ingame, but without any luck.
I installed the game on separate hard drive for a reason...
Very late here, but if you choose to run GW.exe in XP Compatibility mode for Win Vista/7, it uses the Screenshot/Build Template folder in the install directory. 188.8.131.52 00:10, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
- Even later but thanks for noting that. Very useful as I have GW on a stick for traveling and just tried to use it on my wife's Win 7 laptop. I'm going to add a tip to the main page.Robdalf 04:18, 31 May 2011 (UTC)
Because the existing note didn't seem quite general enough, I've added a sub-note to specify that characters that have not yet committed to their initial secondary class, and who have skillbars containing skills from a temporary secondary class, will create invalid templates when saving them. If someone cares to rephrase the note for added clarity, have at it. Kruhljak 04:56, 24 March 2011 (UTC)
About armor retaining after saving a template
Greetings. I have a question and I would undoubtebly be very grateful for an answer. If I buy some basic armor from Tolkano, save it in equipment template, delete the character and remake it, can I load that template ? I mean if I can preserve that armor in the template. I would've tested it myself, but I found that this needs quite some money, unfortunately for me. I would appreciate any answer you might have. Magnum 11:09, 12 May 2012 (UTC)