User:Borotvaltgandalf/update may 14
From Guild Wars Wiki
PvE and PvP
- Shadow Fang: added an after-cast delay.
- This skill was only used because WE warriors had enough energy to use it. Nerfing Both it and WE was unnecessary. It's only a little worse than Augury of Death anyway
- Heart of Shadow: functionality changed to: "You are healed for 30...126...150, and you Shadow Step to a nearby location directly away from your target."
- Viper's Defense: functionality changed to: "All adjacent foes are Poisoned for 5...17...20 seconds, and you Shadow Step to a nearby location, directly away from your target."
- These skills were useless for assassins, and are useless now. Assassins don't want to shadow step directly away from foes, since they are a melee profession. Now after successfully nerfing Stance tanks, you gave monks 15 and 10s recharge shadow step and selfheal/poison.
- Noticeboard: Shadow Form and Palm Strike - both causing serious problems in the game - didn't get nerfed. The first one has been broken for a year.
- Mirror of Ice: functionality changed to: "For 5 seconds, plus 3 additional seconds for every rank of Energy Storage, you deal an additional 5...29...35 cold damage whenever you cast a Water Magic hex."
- This skill was useful only because mesmers used elementalist skills with fast casting. The nerf was needed, although a simple functionality change could be more approppriate.
- Steam: functionality changed to: "Target foe is struck for 5...41...50 cold damage. If target foe is on fire, Steam Blinds that foe for 5...9...10 seconds."
- Steam was used because of a 8 second cheap blind. The nerf was unnecessarily strong 5...61...75 would have been more approppriate.
- Noticeboard: Fire Magic AoE, which has been causing serious problems in HA wasn't nerfed.
- Illusionary Weaponry: decreased Energy cost to 5.
- Illusionary Weaponry isn't used because it doesn't increase DPS.
- Noticeboard: Visions of Regret, a game breaking change was left unnoticed.
- Castigation Signet: increased recharge to 20 seconds.
- The problem with castigation signet was that it gave the monks the ability to damage and maintain their energy supply even when maintaining two SoH-s. Nerfing both it and Strength of honor was unnecessary. (Protip: think about what is causing problems before making changes)
- Peace and Harmony: decreased duration to seconds; increased recharge to 12 seconds.
- This nerf was needed, BUT not nerfing hexes' recharge was a bad idea.
- Word of Healing: decreased non-conditional healing to 5...81...100; increased conditional healing to 30...98...115.
- No meaningful changes. This won't change WoH usage.
- Noticeboard: Ray of Judgment wasn't changed, the game AI doesn't recognize it as an AoE spell.
- Foul Feast: increased recharge to 5 seconds.
- The problem with the skill that it breaks inter-profession dynamics. Necromancers should have never given a draw.
- Lingering Curse: decreased healing reduction to 20%.
- The main problem with lingering curse that it's AoE, long-lasting, cheap, can be cast quickly and has no meaningful energy cost for a necro.
- Noticeboard: Long-lasting necromancer hexes still homogenize PvP. It wasn't addressed.
- Hunter's Shot: functionality changed to: "If this attack hits, your target bleeds for 3...21...25 seconds."
- 5 energy Screaming Shot without the range part. One more mindless fire-and-forget skill.
- Melandru's Shot: functionality change to: "If this attack hits, your target bleeds for 5...21...25 seconds. If it hits a foe that is moving or knocked down, that foe takes +10...22...25 damage and is crippled for +5...13...15 seconds."
- Unconditional bleeding... it will still have it's old effect in KD-spikes and vs moving foes.
- Keen Arrow: decreased conditional damage to 5...21...25.
- Okay: Forked arrow
- Noticeboard: Mindless ranger interrupt spams and ranger spike left unaddressed.
- Protective Was Kaolai: increased recharge to 25 seconds.
- 2 second casting time would have been better.
- Noticeboard: Ritualists still heal for more than monks. And they have an useless attribute, which was also not addressed.
This was when I almost went head vs wall mode...
- Strength of Honor (PvP): decreased damage to 1...4...5.
- This skill was BOONED
- Aegis (PvP): reduced casting time to .25. Functionality changed to: "For 1...3...3 seconds, hostile spells and attacks against 'target other ally' fail."
- Okay: You killed blockwebs, but you didn't kill the need for blockwebs.
- Noticeboard: Aegis(PvP): Second worst idea ever implemented... the first one was Shadow form around 1 year ago.
- Warrior's Endurance (PvP): this skill is now a stance.
- Low Blow: functionality changed to: "Strike target foe for 45...65...70 damage. If target foe is knocked down, that foe takes an additional 30...46...50 damage and suffers from Cracked Armor for 14..20 seconds."
- This idea is good, but it should be a melee attack (with the appropriately reduced bonus damages.
- Elemental Lord: functionality changed to: "For 40...56...60 seconds, your elemental attributes are boosted by 1, you gain 1 Energy for every 10 ranks of Energy Storage, and you are healed for 100...260...300% of the Energy cost each time you cast a spell."
- Good! AoR + old elemental lord. What a shame that RoJ Criers still deal more armor ignoring damage than searing flames, the only skill which one's usage was affected with this change.
- Summon Spirits: decreased recharge time to 5 seconds.
- idea: Good. actual effect: Nothing because spirit spamming takes too much time. Communing&spawning power needs to be tweaked.
- Tryptophan Signet: this skill no longer requires touch range.
- ___ ?
- \ ___/
- Noticeboard: PvE skills still promote grind which is bad for a Game of Skill.
- Fragility: this skill now also affects adjacent foes.
- Strength of Honor: increased damage to 5...21...25.
- Pff... more smiting love? Anyway Physicalway will never be famous thanks to Shadow form's perma invincibility and 600/smite runs (one man clearing whole dungeons and end-game areas). Which - like most of serious game breaking problems - weren't addressed by the balance department. Boro 12:21, 26 May 2009 (UTC)