PLEASE NOTE: I'm no longer an active user and I won't reply to any messages here. Use the links on my user page to contact me.
If you hate it when talk pages are blue instead of red, I ruined it. Other than that, hello! I noticed you were improving the Hall of Monuments Calculator on your user space and also noticed your addition to mission statues for the Honor monument. They didn't have full names yet! So my humble suggestions (albeit not spectacularly original): Eternal Hero of the Krytan Kingdom (or simply Eternal Hero of Kryta) and Eternal Hero of the Dragon Empire (or again, simply Eternal Hero of the Empire). The Krytan Kingdom reaches all the way from Scoundrel's Rise up to Majesty's Rest, and from Divinity's Coast to Riverside Province, all the areas affected by the War in Kryta. Just pay heed when going for Eternal Hero of the Kingdom, because Ascalon and Orr might feel offended. Well, Ascalon at least. For a few more decades. As for the Dragon Empire, it is Cantha's lesser used name (The Empire of the Dragon). Additionally, you could add the statue Eternal Best Person for completing and witnessing the wedding of Gwen and Keiran (gender-neutral titles are a nightmare to my creativity in the middle of the night). Just some random musings, feel free to do whatever you want with them! - Infinite - talk 01:16, 10 July 2017 (UTC)
- If you hate it when talk pages are a multi-paragraph instead of a single block of text, I ruined it.
- Also, I'm not Infinite, so hi! I'm not here to offer content related suggestions, though it would make sense for me to do so. I guess I can at least offer stylistic analyses of other contributors' formatting choices, and hope that in some way that helps.
- Finally, I'd be remiss if I didn't introduce a non-sequitur and say, "Hi Infinite!" G R E E N E R 02:27, 10 July 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for the feedback! Good to see there's still eyes around here :D.
- I'm doing this out of plain boredom, and to try to set up new ingame goals. I remember there was some extended HoM around long ago, but it's no longer up, so now I'm making my own.
- I know it won't go anywhere, and most of the new stuff can't be tracked at the moment, but who cares, it's just for fun.
- Feel free to add more suggestions ^^.--Lon-ami (talk) 15:31, 10 July 2017 (UTC)
- I think it's kinda complete now: User:Lon-ami/Hall of Monuments. Could use some more "Honor" statues (as long as they are somewhat challenging), and I still need to gather a list of HoM-worthy standalone weapons, too. I guess I'll add some filler text here and there, and show it to the world soon!--Lon-ami (talk) 16:30, 16 July 2017 (UTC)
Heyas, there's a discussion going on at Template_talk:Gw2w#Usage_on_meta-articles to determine what pages we should have the template on - given your recent interest in adding it to pages, would you consider adding your thoughts there? Thanks. horrible | contribs 18:16, 11 October 2020 (UTC)
I go to bed, next morning, 3-day ban; ok, there was a misunderstanding, my bad, no problem, I'll explain myself when it's over; nevermind, it's permanent now. I'm surprised this kind of attitude is still a thing, specially since user permissions can be blocked without affecting the user space or the talk page. You know, so one can reply to stuff and whatever, instead of getting lynched with no opportunity for defense (again).
In fact, looking at https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Special:Log?type=block&page=Lon-ami seems like I got a permanent block at first, but then a new permanent block with no talk pages, so locking me out of talk pages it's not even unintentional. And I'm the one who doesn't want to communicate, great.
Let me start with how the 3-day ban misunderstanding came to be: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User_talk:Lon-ami#Current_changes
Gonna copy+paste the reply I prepared for when the 3-day ban was over, verbatim:
- I thought the restriction was for existing pages only? That's one of the pages I created, in case you didn't notice. Also, the reason that commit came instantly after replying was because I got the prompt from the talk page on preview, and left that tab open to reply here as soon as possible :I.
- Whatever, no biggie. I took the API for granted, it's common sense, pretty much like correcting grammar mistakes, but seems people don't understand how that works and what regions mean from a game perspective; which have nothing to do with "lore regions" as in geography instead of game mechanics. Maybe the best approach is to split the field in two, leave the within for actual regions (Grothmar Valley is in Ascalon, region) and add a new "location" parameter for lore locations (Grothmar Valley is in Blood Legion Homelands, location), with no categorization. Then rework these two pages: Region and Location so the first represents the mechanic, and the second lore geography.
- Also, continents have the same issue. Game continents aren't the same as lore continents, so that's yet another reason in favor of the above change.
- I've got a busy week now so I won't be able to pay too much attention here, gotta spend the little free time I have ingame on the new release anyway lol. Better move this discussion somewhere public instead. Whatever the final result is, I think mechanical regions should be noted down somewhere, since they affect gameplay directly (dailies, buffs, loot, etc).
As for the accusations of not talking things or whatever, here's an excerpt of the last days:
I mean, do I sound unreasonable there? I know I can be abrasive at times, but at the end of the day, I'm the only one giving up terrain across all of those discussions, trying to compromise with everyone else.
The only "big controversial change" I did on my own was giving a few region-less zones their correct region based on the API. You know, the official API from the game. Go figure, it's controversial and I should have asked before, can't even trust the API now. Guess I'm a stupid idiot for taking something as basic as the game's own API for granted, but well, that's what debate is for; sadly, it gets shut down before even starting.
So yeah, I don't know.
Also, I see the "talk shit at someone else's back" problem is still going on in the public discord, which is quite saddening. Even during the months when I wasn't active at the wiki, one case looking like an outright call for downvote brigading against a reddit comment. And look, someone who was being nice and asking me to do something for him in the wiki, is talking shit about me almost at the same time as he was pretending to be nice. And lot of people who didn't bother writing in any of my ongoing discussions on talk pages are instead giving their opinions in the discord echo chamber, and me, like an idiot, waiting for replies in those talk pages.
At some point you have to wonder whether I'm the disease or just the symptom.
The truth is, I didn't plan to come back or anything, but someone asked me if I could update the wardrobe tool, plus there was a whole PvP game mode (Murderball) missing from the wiki, and it was hard to give it attention when it didn't exist here, so I came back, started cleaning my user page for archival purposes and ended up cleaning other things too. A mix of inertia and nothing better to do at the moment.
Anyway, I would like to clean the rest of my user page, and then write a proper goodbye, making it clear I'm no longer active for anyone who stumbles upon my user page. I think it's obvious I don't fit in here, and I'm not going to waste anyone else's time any further (that includes both of us too). Do whatever you have to open that door again, be it unbanning for a few days, limiting permissions to user pages only, or whatever. I don't want to clean my user page using an anonymous account, and I don't think anyone deserves that kind of shitty treatment either way, specially when they've contributed for years on end.
Don't worry, once I'm done you'll never hear from me again. I still don't know if I'll even keep the wiki account or disable it altogether. At this point I just want to move on for good, the easier you make things for me, the sooner we'll be done.