User talk:Tennessee Ernie Ford/Builds/User-Vili
But wait, is there more?
Nice! These builds are really helpful! I have a few questions though.
- 1. Do these work with Hard Mode to?
- 2. What else could I do with these builds? (Ideas I have had are UW, FoW, WiK and Dungeons in EotN. Do you think those might work)
- 3. What could I do to modify this to work with a team of two real players?
Thanks in advance! The Savior 16:25, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
- You should ask Vili, since they are her ideas. However, I've used these (or rather, my own tweaks of these) virtually everywhere in the game (and I rarely do anything in nm these days). There are times when other teams (e.g. discordway) are more efficient or when it makes sense to swap a hero or two. Also, although they work well with any prof as the player character. (See also: PvX, which has highly effective hero teams, although I generally prefer "fun to play" over "most efficient," which is the pvx standard.)
- Adapting for two players is simple: use the party=6 version and throw in a hero appropriate to either your or your friend's prof, e.g. a Double-Dragon-ele combines well with a Derv or ranger, the ST-prot-rit matches with a sin, etc. There are a couple of other build teams at my build page. I suppose I should add a few more. (Notably, Hong has recently updated his team(s); I like his because they tend to use secondary profs sparingly.) – Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 16:37, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks a ton! Seriously, you are the most helpful person on this wiki. These builds are the first I have ever gotten off the wiki that did what they said they did. Your a genius as is Vili. The Savior 17:43, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
Since you are so on the ball, can I ask one more question? What do you personally suggest for the following situation.
- One Monk
- One Elementalist
- Doing The Battle for Lion's Arch.
You know such as builds and heros. This is similar to my last question but I'd like to optimize it. I would hate to fail my friend who has never done it before. The Savior 17:55, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
- I started typing out a fairly involved response, but I think that a better idea might be to have you tell me what you are planning in terms of team/builds and tactics...and I can let you know if I think you'll have any trouble. (sort of a teaching-to-fish rather than giving-fish reply)
- The BLA walkthrough covers most of the ideas, so make sure you read that and feel comfortable executing them. In the quest's current programming, you can use just about any balanced team: double-discordway, Vili's team, trappers, or anything that you might use to VQ one of the tougher areas in the game. As noted in the walkthrough, AoE skills (both offensive and defensive) rule this quest: ball up your opponents, but don't let them catch you clumped up.
- (And, of course, if you want me to provide specifics, I will. However, I think you will enjoy your success more if you are its primary architect.) – Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 18:40, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks, I will give some of those ideas a shot, if I have problems I will let you know. Then we can talk about it more in depth. :) The Savior 18:44, 16 February 2012 (UTC)