Discordway is a team build that features three or more necromancer heroes using Discord to deal heavy armor-ignoring damage to a single target. The team is popular for vanquishing and completion of Hard mode missions. Due to Discord's focus on a single target, it is slower than more Area of Effect-oriented teams. Discordway was originally created when only three heroes could be used per player.
Heroes use Discord effectively. They will prioritize its use on suitable targets, unless performing other tasks. Due to its low recharge time, heroes are frequently able to use it simultaneously. This often results in a spike to a target and often death, which has synergy with each hero's Soul Reaping as energy management. The elite skill's prerequisites are easily met with a few skills, leaving the team with plenty of room for support and utility skills (e.g. a combination of minion masters, healing from Restoration Magic or Healing Prayers, and/or support from Curses, Death Magic, or Protection Prayers).
- Diminished effectiveness during prolonged fights of attrition or against better-designed mobs, especially in Winds of Change.
- Less useful in areas with heavy hex and condition removal.
- Both energy management and minion armies depend on killing foes quickly, which makes the team helpless in areas with fewer or more durable foes.
- Can be slow to cover a map, due to long activation times of minion-generating skills.
- Can be easily countered by Complicate and Signet of Humility, which prevent the heroes from spamming Discord.
- Due to the introduction of 7-hero parties, other team builds have become much more efficient.
The player can use any build that allows frequent application of hexes and conditions. Assassin's Promise and a combination of PvE-based skills are ideal for this. Heroes will spike a called foe to death quickly, triggering Assassin's Promise in return and recharging the player's skills for the next target.
Typical 3-Hero Builds
The classic Discordway combination includes a / healer, a / protector, and a / curser. The first two keep the team alive, while the third helps the player apply conditions and hexes. There are many viable variations. The optional skills below should produce minions and provide a hard resurrection.
- Sabway, another team build using three necromancer heroes (also made prior to the ability to take seven heroes per player).
- The build is named after its primary elite, after the IWAY naming convention.
- Although the build is designed for use in PvE, some spike teams have made use of similar builds in PvP.