ArenaNet:Skill feedback/Necromancer/Blood Spike
|Note: As of September 2, 2009 this page is no longer active. If you have suggestions for Guild Wars skills please go to Feedback:Main to learn how to submit suggestions that ArenaNet can use.|
Vort3x's issue -- 16:21, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
First of all, saying this I am ready to get my ass flamed to hell but, ah I'll just try it. Since Bspike has been going on for way too long (in my opinion) now, it would be nice to get this broken mechanics of life steal into some kind of order. It has done enough harm so far already (decreased the value of champion points completely). Anyway to make long story short. I would suggest chaning the lifesteal mechanics to make it unable to steal health if the target is below certain level of health. Lets say 10% as an example here. Thats just a direction in which I would be thinking...
- True, but it's usually* been just bunch of squishies for well playing balanceds (*not with un-nerfed Angorodons nor atm), which nearly always have won by outplaying them. Hard to say now though if Dark Pact change stays as it basically gives possibility to spike every 2 seconds for 0 energy (Health sac is countered by 1 HealParty or LoD) or even pressure.
- I like the idea of no-lifesteal-if-under-xx% if Izzy was up for deleting whole b-spike out of the game.
- Ow and champ ranks have now 0 value even due to other things...mostly the non-changing ladder, that's not so much b-spikes problem. 188.8.131.52 18:32, 23 April 2008 (UTC)
The problem with life stealing is there is no way to counter it. (This has some positive aspects, like if Anet ever really wanted to stop 55hp farming for good, they could use monsters with 15 Blood Magic and Vampiric Gaze = 1hit a 55hp monk).
There should perhaps be a few enchants in the Protection Prayers line that protect you from life stealing. Perhaps even a few enchants that punish foes for life stealing form you or your allies.
Tainted Flesh: 5 energy, 1 second cast, no recharge. For 5...41...53 seconds, whenever target ally is struck in melee, target ally's attacker is Diseased for 3...13..15 seconds. Whenever target ally is affected by life stealing the foe that inflicted it is Poisoned for 5...17...20 seconds.
Life Attunement: 10 energy, 1 second cast, 10 second recharge. For 30 seconds, target ally does 30% less damage and gains 5...29..37% more health when healed. Whenever a foe steals life from that ally the life stealing is halved.
184.108.40.206's Issue -- 10:58, 3 October 2008 (UTC)
Oops, it's back.
- Unprottable damage will always be unbalanced.
- Murder it out of the game forever. Better a dead line than a degenerate one.
How About Change Function
- Overpowered and a long-existed problem.
- Change all Life Stealing to "Make ... shadow damage and you're healed for ..." , avoiding the un-reducable spike problem.