| Hard Mode|
|Categories|| Player vs. Environment|
Hard Mode was poorly implemented back then. It gave monsters superbuffs, or in other words: unfair advantage. Kiting became almost obsolete since monsters deal doublecrits (due to lvl difference and hard mode effect). And interrupting became hard/impossible with the increased casting speed. No need to note that monsters don't suffer from the major and superior rune side effects (max health loss).
Badly designed areas like EoTN, DoA, Post Searing Ascalon became almost retarded in hard mode, forcing people to use grind based skills and 600/smite.
What I suggest is:
- Changing the difference between normal and hard mode: 6 skills for monsters in NM, and 8skills in HM.
- Removing Heroes from HM.
- Removing the Hard Mode (effect), and DOA effects.
- Removing Consumables' effects from hard mode. (or making it not usable like in pvp).
- Maximum of level 28 monsters in hard mode, 26 in normal mode.
This way hard mode is challenging, and not retarded.
Also replacing boss mechanics with the following:
- Natural Resistance on all Normal Mode Bosses.
- 25% damage bonus to bosses in hard mode.
This way an ele boss doesn't autokill you in factions, And they are reasonably difficult to beat.