Feedback talk:User/Isaac the Sinful/Additional Dervish and Paragons Skills Pack
What elites and non elites would you propose to those two professions? ♥ Ariyen ♀ 19:19, 13 September 2009 (UTC)
- For example more elite Scythe and Spear Attacks and maybe new forms for PvE (I think about Avatar of Abaddon and Avatar of Kormir) Goril 14;54,14 September 2009 (UTC)
- The ridiculously large number of skills is one of the main reasons that this game is as broken as it currently is. Adding more is a bad idea.--188.8.131.52 16:35, 14 September 2009 (UTC)
no, the game ain't broken cause of the 1317 (i think...) skills. its broken because of the one and only beautiful skill. besides, i find it unfair that core proffesions have 35-36 elites and dervishes and paragons have 15.--IsaaC The Sinful 23:58, 26 September 2009 (UTC)
- I agree that Dervish and Paragons need a boosted amount of skills to balance them out a bit to other professions.. but I don't know how you'd add it as you'd have to make them obtainable in the worlds play. All though.. this "the builds in pve are mostly the same these days(everything's discordway, Permas, 55hp or 600/smite) so anyone who's not a monk, assassin or necro is a loser" is total BS.. Magic Talk 05:39, 10 October 2009 (UTC)
- ok let me clean it up a bit. For elite areas or dungeon runs, most people are looking for the mentioned builds (for gods sake, go to ToA and you'll see what I'm talking about(except for discordway, my bad)). the monk, assassin or necro thing, I must say I did got a little carried away but, at any rate, at least giving dervishes and paragons new skills would be nice. The skills should be obtainable through skill trainers and elites should be obtained through quests or just have a NPC be put into the game in some NF area after you buy the skill pack and you do a quest and BANG! you have your nicely OP Dervish/Paragon skills :).--IsaaCThe Sinful 00:14, 13 October 2009 (UTC)
 Better Idea
There are tons of skills that see little to no play. Give those new effects, rather than make new skills. Shayne Hawke 00:39, 27 September 2009 (UTC)
- Anet tried that all ready. It made the metagame gayer. So if they insist on rehashing old elites, make it PvE only. --Riddle 06:04, 10 October 2009 (UTC)
The game is already stupidly unbalanced because of the buffs to underused skills last year, adding NEW skills in general will just clusterfuck everything. Frosty 00:20, 13 October 2009 (UTC)
- hey calm down, just moved it so it's only for dervish and paragons, which have few skills in comparison to other profs.--IsaaCThe Sinful 00:26, 13 October 2009 (UTC)
- so you think you make your point by listing useless paragon elites (maybe Cruel Spear would pass though) and the only useful dervish elite?? do you see where I'm going? in case you don't, let's take a look at why:
- Wounding Strike is broken and needs a balance
- Soldier's Fury is an underpowered elite version of Aggressive refrain
- Focused Anger: OH MOMMA LOOK, ITS SOME SHINEE MYSTER DAT LUKS LIKE THIS ONE, BUT DIS ONE HAS SUM GOLD LINE AROUND HIM. I LIKE DE ODER ONE BETTER MOMMA.
- Defensive Anthem: let's see where to start... oh yeah!!! monks with aegis!!!! (although you could perhaps use this with aegis to get 75% block chance but... in an elite? must I use the kid's line again?)
- Cruel Spear is quite good and balanced, making it the only viable elite you listed.
- I like this idea, Para and Derv lack of skill variation...Skill choices are so limited now ><--TeaCat 07:50, 13 October 2009 (UTC)
I agree adding more skills or changing the useless skills to something better (fix the broken skills before adding more) but i disagree getting skills trough game store ... 184.108.40.206 17:54, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
Well, I believe that through game-store it's gonna be a little more, how to say it, ´´rewarding`` for Anet to make new skills. Unless you have an idea, thats the best option to be implemented.--IsaaCThe Sinful 17:58, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
- Soldier's Fury is a ok skill.DA just got nerfed to much to be viable (if it ain't F'en imba it ain't viable) Lilondra 18:12, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
NO. Let's not give people even more reason to exclude other players. 'You don't have the skill pack for paragon/dervish? You can't play with us.' This would be especially bad if they made skills that would be useful as /D or /P. If we have to pay to have access to skills (I don't mean just to unlock, like with faction), then we damn well better be getting a new campaign or expansion to go with it, and we all know that's not going to happen for GW1.