Guild Wars Wiki:Blocking guideline
This page is currently a guideline proposal.
If consensus is reached on the talk page, it will become an accepted guideline.
This is a guideline on proposed block lengths and reason messages.
 Intentional vandalism
Message: vandalism or spam.
- minor, single session: warning only or 1 day.
- more serious: 1 week.
 Automated vandalism
Message: bot vandalism or spam bot.
- IP account, single session: 1 week.
- IP account, multiple sessions: 1 month.
- registered account: 1 year.
- registered account, clearly for spamming: infinite.
 Personal attacks as defined by Guild Wars Wiki:No personal attacks
Message: [[GWW:NPA|personal attack]].
- very minor: don't block, remind/inform about GWW:NPA.
- already reminded/informed, not aggravated: 3 days.
- more serious: 2 weeks.
 Excessive disruption in an uncivilized or unresponsive manner
Message: excessive disruption.
- single session: don't block, suggest civil discussion or less disruptive options.
- discussion already attempted: 3 days, only as needed to keep the disruption under control.
 Bot making bad edits
Message: bot making bad edits.
- uncheck all options, indefinite, remove block once the bot has been repaired.
 Arbitration Comittee injunction or ruling
Message: Arbitration Comittee injunction / ruling (include link).
- As outlined in the injunction or ruling.