Guild Wars Wiki:Vandalism
This page is currently an inactive policy proposal.
It is not being actively discussed or revised, or is not mature enough to be a policy proposal. Feel free to change this page and participate in the discussion.
Vandalism is to be defined as adding or removing content in a disruptive way. In main space articles, it includes, but it’s not limited to:
- Adding meaningless strings of text, such as “abtche”.
- Adding content of sexual nature.
- Adding profanity.
- Removing parts of content in malicious ways.
- Blanking a page with valid content.
In user talk pages, what is defined as vandalism depends mostly of the owner of the talk page, and so may include:
- Adding content of sexual nature if the user has stated he’s against such content in his talk pages
- Adding profanity if the user has stated he’s against such content in his talk pages
- Removing content without the permission of the owner of the page.
 Dealing with Vandalism
Remember to assume good faith. What appears to be vandalism may be a new user who’s still not aware of how the wiki works. If the vandalism was done by a registered user, and appears to be something that could have been done by accident (such as blanking a page), revert the change and make a comment at the user’s talk page letting he know why the change was reverted. If the contribution was clearly vandalism (such as adding pornographic content), revert the change and report the user at the Admin noticeboard. If the vandalism is repeated after being reverted, do not keep reverting it, as it would only cause a “revert war”.