ArenaNet:Skill feedback/Assassin/Augury of Death
From Guild Wars Wiki
|Note: As of September 2, 2009 this page is no longer active. If you have suggestions for Guild Wars skills please go to Feedback:Main to learn how to submit suggestions that ArenaNet can use.|
Shard's Issue -- 28 March 2008
- This skill is not overpowered because its recharge is 12 instead of 20. It's overpowered because it gives all professions access to a ranged deep wound.
- "For 2...8...10 seconds, the next time one of your attack skills lowers target foe's health below 50%, that foe suffers a deep wound for 2...8...10 seconds."
Frvwfr2's Issue -- 22:54, 11 May 2008 (UTC)
- Too powerful
- Hex Spell. If target foe has less than 50% health, that foe suffers from Deep Wound for (current amount). For (current hex duration), if that foe dies, this skill takes half as long to recharge. 5, .5, 30
- This way, if your team has a good anti-spike, you can prevent spikes for a good long time. Solo assa's aren't hurt much by this, b/c if they don't get the kill they are likely dead anyways. Meh, kinda stupid looking back at it...
The Problem with Assassins
- See below (and above)
- → moved from ArenaNet:Skill feedback/Assassin/The Problem with Assassins
- The problem with this skill is that it combines three components - 1) Deep Wound 2) Shadow-step 3) The fact that your target will already be below 50% health and so perfect for spiking (although you have to get them there first).
- This means you can use it in or just before a spike to get an automatic Deep Wound the moment the spike strikes, AND allow you to go from ranged to melee or touch attacks without having to run up. All in one skill. This makes it perfect for those nasty KD-lock assacasters.
- A very simple nerf I considered was 2 but this makes it pretty useless (without Deadly Haste, at least). It might be worth considering, though.
- Instead, energy and recharge nerfs make it a bit trickier to use and mean you can't use it that often (though with Deadly Paradox, the recharge shouldn't have too much of an effect). A fairly hefty duration nerf likely won't have much affect in most situations (since it will have been triggered or removed before it runs out) but limits its capabilities a bit more.
- This skill is overpowered.
- Increase cast time to 2 seconds so it's dshot food in PvP.
Just Like Enemy Must Die
- Combine to well with Iron Palm, health<50% & deep wound + knock down = "enemy must die", should it exist in this game? Maybe you don't nerf it due to you also enjoy this overpowered lame combo? or just because you never see the pages we've created? Epic fail.
- The next time target foe struck by a Dual-Attack, that foe inflicted by deep wound for ... seconds, and the hex ended. Also help nerf those overpowered solo ranged spike builds(toxic chill, dancing dagger...whatever).
- Check this mAT, why this skill exist?
- Change the deep wound to bleed or something. or make it 2 second casting.--RedTeaCat 05:42, 29 March 2009 (UTC)
184.108.40.206 01:24, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
- Regularly abused by caster Professions.
- For the next X seconds, when you hit the target with a dual attack, it suffers from a Deep Wound for Y seconds.