ArenaNet:Skill feedback/Assassin/Nine Tail Strike
|Note: As of September 2, 2009 this page is no longer active. If you have suggestions for Guild Wars skills please go to Feedback:Main to learn how to submit suggestions that ArenaNet can use.|
Lann's Issue -- 15 June, 2008
Not used as much as Death Blossom, other dual attacks, because of dmg/recharge/utility
- Lower recharge to 4
The Problem with Assassins
- Slight lack of goodness (see above).
- → moved from ArenaNet:Skill feedback/Assassin/The Problem with Assassins
- This change to Nine Tail Strike would make it a little less powerful against a single foe and makes it less spammable, but would improve it's usefulness in large-scale battles. This would be especially useful in the current meta since there's a lot of blocking going about and so an unblockable, high-powered skill like this looks quite attractive (but of course you have to be an assassin - or possibly /A - to use it).
Tyris's Issue -- 12 March, 2009
Lower Damage and Spammability than Death Blossom. Its a pressure skill but its recharge is to high to be useful in short dagger pressure chains.
- This prevents Nine Tail Strike from being over powered since it is not completely unblockable but has an added effect when blocked. It should synergise well with the pressure combos Golden Fox stike and Wild Strike, but still has lower damage than Death Blossom and no AoE in order to keep it balanced.
- See above
- Nine Tail Strike -
5 0 8 - (Dagger Mastery) - Dagger Attack. Dual Attack. Must follow an Off-hand Attack. If this attack hits, you deal +5...29...35 damage. If target foe was suffering from Weakness, it now is Crippled for 5...13...15 seconds. This attack cannot be blocked. This skill counts as a Lead Attack.
- OK, I realize that the last addition to this skill seems ridiculous in terms of programming, and it probably is either very difficult or impossible to incoporate, but giving Nine Tail Strike a chaining ability like that would offer some very unique possibilities for Assassins in terms of chain building.
- This particular suggestion would synergize with the suggestion that I had made for Fox Fangs.
- -- Tounaku 17:26, 3 June 2009 (UTC)