ArenaNet:Skill feedback/Assassin/Shadow Stepping
|Note: As of September 2, 2009 this page is no longer active. If you have suggestions for Guild Wars skills please go to Feedback:Main to learn how to submit suggestions that ArenaNet can use.|
- This update added a 0.75 second aftercast to many shadowsteps (pretty much what you were suggesting and Izzy said was clunky - I guess he just hasn't found that elegant solution yet).
- Thanks but I posted that comment about 4 months before that update. Shadow stepping is still broken. ~Shard 00:19, 19 September 2008 (UTC)
Shard's Issue 21:33, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
- Issue: Offensive shadow stepping makes it too easy for frontliners to gain ground advantage on their targets and makes it impossible for monks to precatch spikes. In a game type based on positioning, nothing should completely bypass it.
- Possible Solution: Add a short skill blackout after a character uses an offensive shadow step (maybe 2 seconds).
- Other Solution: Make all offensive shadow steps cause weakness for 5 seconds (deaths charge, shadow prison, dark prison, AoD, Beguiling haze)
It's an interesting solution, but I feel it could greatly destroy the feel of an assassin which is get in attack get out, it would require a lot of rebalance of these effects and the whole assassin class as a whole to make this solution work, I do feel teleports hurt a lot of split play, but I think there is a more elegant solution out there, I just haven't run across it yet! ~Izzy
Kite's Issue 19:53, 21 May 2008 (UTC)
- Issue: Very few shadowsteps have counters. The only ones with serious counters(that I can think of) are Aura of Displacement(a favorite of mine, for that reason) and Augury of Death(which can be prevented entirely by a skilled healer).
- Suggestion: Simply add shadowstep counters to existing skills. Don't remove shadow steps, nor add skill disable, just give some underpowered skills counters to shadow steps. Done correctly, those counters will promote active defense rather than passive, and will promote the ideals this game was founded on -- victory based on skill, rather than by brainless skill spamming.
- Issue: Shadowstep makes assassins... ASSASSINS.
- Suggestion: Simply make all shadowsteps disable all skills for 20 seconds, cause exhaustion, blind, weakness and boost target foe's attributes by +4 for 60 minutes.
This approach will turn players off from ever using shadowsteps again, thus assassinating a big portion of the assassin's skill line and making them that much weaker than they are now. GG.
220.127.116.11 02:39, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
- The .75 aftercast effectively destroyed shadowsteps for assassins while leaving other classes unaffected. The opposite of "way to go". Assassins cannot move during aftercast, the target runs away, GG.
- Give them NO aftercast and add "all your spells are disabled for 1 second and you lose all adrenaline"