ArenaNet:Skill feedback/Assassin/Shadow Walk
From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Note: As of September 2, 2009 this page is no longer active. If you have suggestions for Guild Wars skills please go to Feedback:Main to learn how to submit suggestions that ArenaNet can use.|
Kite's Issue -- 18:37, 23 May 2008 (UTC)
- Honestly, I don't think there's a more broken Shadowstep in the game at the moment. It has no cast time(and consequently, no aftercast), it returns you to safety afterwards in a controllable way(cancel it with Dash), and the only big drawbacks are that you can't cast enchantments or have an attack speed boost stance.
- Move it to Shadow Arts and add a (3...1...0)-second disable for non-assassin skills. That should keep it useful for assassins, without making it too under- or overpowered for other melee professions. It's still practically unlinked for assassins, but it keeps other professions from abusing it too much. It does hurt adrenaline warriors quite a bit, though. =/
Kalas' Issue -- 3:31, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- There isn't a more broken shadowstep in the game right now. In the sense that it doesn't work in any way. The 1 second disable has effectively made this unusable in any combo not involving Palm Strike or another spell. It was balanced fine before the disable was implemented, since it prevented speedy combos and enchants, while also preventing speed boosts and having a time limit.
- Revert the change by removing the disable from this skill. Make it require 4 critical strikes if you're that worried about non-sins using it.
- See above, nerfing this skill was unnecessary, the inablity to use an IAS and enchantment is enough.
- Revert to orignial form or Shadow Walk. 5e/30r Stance. Shadow Step to target foe and lose all non-assassin enchantments. For 30 seconds, you cannot cast Enchantments. When this Stance ends, you return to your original location.