Adrenaline uses a point system. Where each hit grants something like 200 points of adrenaline, and skills require something approximately equivalent to number of strikes x 200. Such granularity is required since you receive points when being hit in addition to skills such as Balthazaar's Spirit. I'm going to talk to Ensign, I think he wrote an article about it.--Narcism 10:19, 12 February 2007 (PST)
Examples: Watch Yourself, doesn't require 4A, but requires 3.2A, Hammer Bash requires 5.2, and Eviscerate, exactly 8.--Narcism 11:42, 12 February 2007 (PST)
- Aye, that makes sense. It's the reason why Hammer Bash charges before "Coward!", even though both only require "6 strikes" of adrenaline. I believe this page on GuildWiki takes that into account. --Dirigible 12:02, 12 February 2007 (PST)
How do Adrenaline gain multipliers stack? Would someone under the effects of both "For Great Justice!" and Soothing gain 75% of the normal Adrenaline gain (50% * 150%) or 100% of the normal Adrenaline gain (100% + 50% - 50%)? I'm guessing that it stacks multiplicatively, as is generally the case with multiplier stacking. -- Gordon Ecker 05:16, 4 August 2007 (UTC)
- Stacking does not increase past 100%. Tested combining Focused Anger and "For Great Justice!" Having both active at the same time 100%+100% does not yield 200% Isk8 13:47, 14 December 2007 (UTC)
Adrenaline multiplier cap
The unofficial wiki states the cap is at +100% so does the bug description on the official wiki on Focused Anger: suggest removing till further testing
- The cap on adrenaline gain is 100%. I have no real idea why it is displayed at 200% in this article. Isk8 13:43, 14 December 2007 (UTC)
- The cap on adrenaline is 200%: (100% [normal] + 100% [bonus]) = 200%. You can word also word it, "The cap on adrenaline gain is +100%." - J.Kilgore
Just a thought, but this page says "Adrenaline gain multipliers are capped at 200%."
1. That isn't the actual cap. See Focused Anger for more details. I am not 100% sure what the cap is, but it isn't 200% (Final Thrust does charge in 4 strikes).
2. Is it a little misleading to anyone else? Seems to me that it should read something like "Adrenaline gain is capped at XXX%" or "Adrenaline multipliers are capped at XXX%." Maybe is really needs to just give an example. I can't have been the only one who misread this (I was about to change the page because I first thought "200%? Nah, it's capped at 100%...I wonder how this hasn't been changed...")
So, it needs more...something. Any objections? I don't think that I'm the best one to change it since I am not an expert with adrenaline. Who wants to test and update?
- This is poorly written and a bit inaccurate. The 200% is the multiplier, not the gain (1 strike * 200% = 2 strikes = 100% adrenaline gain over normal). It is also inaccurate because you can have a multiplier of 260% by using Focused Anger all by itself (that is the theoretical amount because you can charge Final Thrust in 4 strikes which would be correct at 2.6 adrenaline "strikes" per hit or 260%). I will check and see if Focused Anger(lvl 16) + For Great Justice drops to 200% or if it stays at the 260%...Either way, something is amiss.
After I wrote the last bit about it not being exactly 200%, I tested a few skills.
With Focused Anger at +60% (rank 6):
Natural Temper (3a) needs 2 strikes
Symbolic Strike (4a) needs 2 strikes
"Watch Yourself!" (4a) needs 2 strikes
"Go for the Eyes!" (4a) needs 3 strikes
Counter Blow (4a) needs 3 strikes
Chorus of Restoration (4a) needs 3 strikes
Energizing Chorus (4a) needs 3 strikes
So, that seems a little lame to me, but I got thinking...it would be really nice if each skill had it's "Actual Adrenal Cost" listed on it's page. I know it may be confusing to some, if listed poorly, but I think it could be really helpful if done properly. Thoughts? Anyone up to the task?
- Thing is, these skills actually have a cost in adrenaline points, rather than strikes. One strike provides 25 points be default, but a skill may have a cost that's not exactlly a multiple of 25. Thus the results you get. Backsword 19:08, 27 January 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry, that was my point...I know it wasn't completely clear. I was thinking that it would be nice to list the actual "points" of adrenaline that a particular skill needs on that skill's page. That way, it is easier to see that a skill will charge in "x" strikes with "x%" increased adrenal gain.--Louai 00:29, 30 January 2008 (UTC)
Can Spells Build Adrenaline
- Physical attacks with a bow, spear, melee weapon, or even a wand build adrenaline. Also, taking damage increases your adrenaline, as well. Sign your comments Loser223 22:22, 7 July 2008 (UTC)
Units and Strikes
Updated main page with unit-strike info. Tested various skills via life bond/balthazar's spirit. Might be useful to have a table similar to that of GWW, so if I get inspired enough I might upload my data and make an (up to date) table.--126.96.36.199 08:57, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
Is it just me...
...or is the adrenaline system a hell of a lot more complicated than it perhaps needs to be? Combatter 03:11, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
- I went on this page just to say the same. GG 188.8.131.52 17:54, 20 September 2009 (UTC)
Count as recharging?
Do non-charged adrenaline skills count as recharging skills for things such as Prodigy Insignias?--Underwood 01:24, 4 October 2009 (UTC)
- Doubt it. personn5 01:26, 4 October 2009 (UTC)
- No. A skill is only recharging if it has the radial gradient on it. ~Shard 01:42, 4 October 2009 (UTC)
I just did some testing with me as a Infuriating heat ranger, which should immediatly fill the 200% cap. I used Save Yourselves as a testing skill, in order to charge it with infuriating heat I needed to strike 4 times with a recurve bow. then, I added Xandra (Rt/N) with 6 blood magic and Dark Fury. when I was under the effects of Dark fury, I only had to hit master of damage 3 times to fill Save Yourselves. ofcourse, I don't know much about the game mechanics, just thought it might help you guys if I'd mention it. 184.108.40.206 20:29, 22 November 2009 (UTC)
- another bug.. under effects of Focused Anger, a shout, and a furious spear mod, Signet of Aggression can build 8 adren... 22:12, 21 February 2011 (UTC)
Adrenaline gain bij damage dealt to player
I was wondering how this exactly works. The page says that you gain 1 unti (1/25 of a strik) of adrenaline per 1% of health lost. Is this health lost as, actual health lost, or health lost as how much damage would/should have been dealt to you? this may seem an minor difference, but it matters with skills like protective bond/spirit, or with frenzy or healing signet. 220.127.116.11 17:37, 6 March 2010 (UTC)