"In some cases heroes will try to continuously cast Death Nova but be interrupted for no reason."
Maybe because the minions they're trying to cast it on are dying, thus no target to cast on?188.8.131.52 04:22, 11 April 2008 (UTC)
Maybe the person who wrote this comment is just confused by the fact that this skill has no recharge time - it looks a little like the skill is being interrupted it you are looking at your hero's skill bar, and heroes will cast it more or less continuously when they feel it is appropriate...--Son of Batman 22:04, 3 June 2008 (UTC)
- What if the minion or player its casted on is healed above the time where death nova is set to cast for heroes? 184.108.40.206 16:47, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
I have no idea what would cause that,but I do know this skill can be cast on assassins to increase their damage potential in pve.William Wallace 22:21, 28 April 2008 (UTC)
- Thats mean. XD Done25 21:33, 5 May 2008 (UTC)
This can lead to interesting suicide RA build. Buff 3 allies with BIP, Cast Deathnova on self, run into foes and cast order of pain to sacrifice to death. Suicide bomber anyone ? Farlong
Can DN be used on spirits?
Either Death Nova remembers which creatures are foes or masterless Minions are no one's foes (which I don't believe for they attack you) because you don't receive damage from a masterless Minion enchanted with death Nova. Ɲoɕʈɋɽɕɧ 04:25, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
- A bit late to respond to this, but I just want to note that it used to. Most enchantments, like Shield of Judgment, remember the caster and deal damage accordingly. If you enchant a minion with retributive enchantments, and then lose control of it, you won't normally be harmed. Death Nova was an exception to that rule, and I reported it sometime in March or April of 2006. Don't know if my support ticket generated the quick fix, or they were already aware of it, but I was pleased nevertheless. MA Anathe 23:50, 20 September 2009 (UTC)
Ive seen this icon ! Its in DOTA. Ill look it later.
Would a poisonous mod affect the duration of poison when you die? ( Also with contagation + signet of agony, would barbed axe lengthen duration on the foe(s) ? ) --Chieftain Alex 22:54, 1 January 2009 (UTC)
- couple months late, but for anyone still wonderin, yes, it adds time to all conditions you apply, so sig of agony and contig will make YOU bleed for 33% longer as well as your enemies. In Short, bombers with a choice should go poison IMO, its higher degen. Da Sonic Sunday 20:27, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
I might actually run death nova on a regular MM hero now. Very annoying before when they spammed this between battles instead of Blood of the Master.--Justice 05:52, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- For me at least they still seem to cast it a lot when they should be casting BotM or just walking so they don't lag a mile behind the party. Necromas 23:37, 29 March 2010 (UTC)
non-stop minion bombs
This means you can cast this + jagged bones + putrid flesh or taste of pain all the time to get infinite minion bombs? ^_^ 220.127.116.11 17:07, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
- This comment is also late but not quite. Jagged Bones has a 15 second cooldown. Than 20:03, 12 December 2009 (UTC)
Is it me, or does the skill "Death Pulse" from DotA share this icon?  Who had it first, if anyone knows? This also goes for Ether Renewal, Conjure Phantasm and Strip Enchantment. Who owned these icons first, etc? The art style tells me it's Guild Wars, though it probably is because both games are owned by Blizzard and share skill icon artists.(?) (If anyone can just confirm that, it'll be fine, I suppose.) - Ryuu Togo >:D talk 20:31, 15 December 2009 (UTC)
- Not surprising that a mod uses ripped icons from different games. Guild Wars is not owned by Blizzard. And Blizzard has nothing to do with the mod. 18.104.22.168 20:51, 15 December 2009 (UTC)
Definitely the same icons, a handful of other skills that appear to have been ripped as well. DoTA is past being a mod at this point isn't it? It's on it's way to a full release as a seperate IP