I believe but am not sure that this area adds about 1.5% to the Tyrian cartography track - but I note that others have been tracking this, and I'm working for memory. If you know, could you add it to the Play Notes section? - Sundown Solstice 13:49, 8 April 2007 (EDT)
I just explored the map with my GMC character and got 1.4%; that should be the viable amount if the preceding map was fully explored, too. I added it to the notes section. TheaEvanda 14:46, 24 June 2007 (UTC)TheaEvanda
As an added bonus, if anyone is interested, it is possible to FULLY explore this area by Shadow Stepping into it past Flame Temple Corridor's zone point. It seems, at one point, Flame Temple Corridor and Dragon's Gullet were meant to be one zone, and loading one loads them both. Plus, there will be absolutely NO monsters in your way of Cartography. :) --Quiesce 22:21, 26 February 2010 (UTC)
- Fully explored both previous area and this today, this area got me 1.5%. 19:10, 11 May 2011 (UTC)
Vanquishing during Titan Source removes most foes leaving only Titans and Charr, and comes to ~183 foes Adeira Tasharo 08:16, 2 February 2008 (UTC)
- I got exactly 168 foes in Titanquest hm, only charr and titans --Kali Shin Shivara 01:06, 12 June 2008 (UTC)
- Withouth any quest influences I had 120 foes. Consider bringing something that exploits corpses. Katorone 20:53, 9 September 2010 (UTC)
- 122foes, 56min, vanq/mapping. Fairly easy. Biggest threat is hydras with their aoe. Simple solution is to flag your heros apart. The abominations can summon minions and use death nova but its nothing scary. Funny thing about them is when one dies they just "rez"(bone horror) or can heal themselves for alot, providing you arnt actively exploiting corpses. Theres like maybe 1-3 groups of storm riders of ~3 in each, so dont fret about hex removal. No need for 6man team here or Flame Temple so dont feel like you absolutely have to continue on from Diessa Lowlands with that 6man from Yaks. Justice 03:34, 10 October 2010 (UTC)
- 124 foes for me. Got to 122 in 47 mins and then spent twenty mins hunting down the last two. They ended up in that little niche in the southernmost tar lake. Make sure you brave the waters and walk through all the lakes or you will miss the last two hydra groups and the abominations.--Kaine 21:12, 29 December 2010 (UTC)
- 126 Foes, 34 Minutes. Caravan VQ from TOA, 2 People, 5 Heroes (1 person dropped). - Monsta 04:51, 5 April 2011 (UTC)
- 200 foes, during titan source. Only titans and charrs, no other foes. - Zealous Love 12:13 29. February 2016 (UTC+1)
Foes (during The Titan Source)
Hmm... foes list needs to be updated to reflect different spawning from that quest.
Not sure which mobs are added (titans and some charrs?) and which ones get removed (if any).
I can't do much unless I start a new character (and beat Prophecies again) or join someone doing the quest, since it's no longer available once completed. :P --NIN37 06:44, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
HYDRAS ARE OVERPOWERED Spoko Stach 14:59, 17 April 2010 (UTC)
- Ranger and Mesmer say 'hello!' Thepoisonx 06:47, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
- Even without interrupts they aren't really difficult. Know what you pull and in which direction. I generally pull a mob in a direction 90° from my party. That way they can flank the mob and take the entire group down without much problems. Katorone 20:53, 9 September 2010 (UTC)
Rebel Yell on Hydras
It seems like Hydras are considered Charr in this area. Anraiki 23:57, 3 May 2010 (UTC)
- They aren't considered Charr (anymore, i doubt they ever where) by either Rebel Yell or Ebon Vanguard Assassin Support so probably by . Sjacie 09:44, 14 April 2012 (UTC)
Just thought I would note that I found a roaming mob of hydras near the circular pool of tar in the south west corner. I'd been past this area twice and not seen them so if you are stuck for the lost mobs try waiting here for a few minutes. Other places I missed include two mobs in the south east corner (thin alleys can be missed) and one mob in the middle of the tar pools. Hydrosherlock 17:31, 2 December 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks = found your comments very useful. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk).
Gyst Hurricane Location
I encountered Gyst Hurricane at the southern spawn point (there is no indicator on the map for this location) of Shist Bogsifter. Also, both of these bosses spawned here. On the Dragon's Gullet map there's only one spawn indicator for the mesmer bosses on the north side.