So, why is this an elite again? Saph 23:45, 23 July 2007 (UTC)
The notes already says so:"...giving a ranger a total of 100 AL..." against almost all damage, the exception will be shadow, holy, life stealing, etc. which is not so much of a threat, keep in mind that Rangers gain +30 Armor Rating against elemental damage. I have tried it out with the skill mentioned above by MithranArkanere and greatly reduces the damage the Ranger receive. ShadowFog 17:51, 26 November 2007 (UTC)
I can see this being no end of fun with Mark of Rodgort... Maybe not the most effective mix, but certainly fun to see every enemy in the playing field on fire. KrelusDerian 20:57, 17 February 2008 (UTC)
Shurely even without winter Greater Conflagration would give the 100AL?--Demonthorn 15:55, 11 April 2008 (UTC)
- It would, I'm gonna clean that note up. EDIT: Forgot to sign XD KrelusDerian 17:47, 26 April 2008 (UTC)
- omg yes it does il make a note on both pages --Demonthorn 19:03, 28 April 2008 (UTC)
Synergy with "Ward Against Harm"
This is almost completely irrelevant given they're both elites.
- Because GW is yourself against the world? It's a good synergy between bad skills, though, which makes it a poor combo. Since the general consensus appears to be not to list combos that aren't actually played at all seriously, I'd agree with removing it. MA Anathe 17:04, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
- I disagree. Nothing stops you from throwing Ward Against Harm onto an elementalist hero with Greater Conflagration on another. --ᴥ GreyGhost ᴥ 10:23, 20 January 2010 (UTC)
- Or you could just take save yourselves and not bother with the extra wheel. It's a dumb combo. –Jette 10:25, 20 January 2010 (UTC)
Picky about "physical damage" source
Has anyone come across a good explaination as to why this elite skill discriminates against the physical damage caused by Ebon Vanguard Sniper Support and Veil of Thorns... I got all excited at the thought of stepping out of Gunners Hold, waiting for the legions of Char to bunch up at the south portal, drop a Greater Conflagration and seeing how many I could wipe with a lucky Ebon Vanguard Sniper Support/ Intensity combo. 18.104.22.168 14:18, 19 March 2011 (UTC)
- Good explanation? No. Human explanation? Sure. GC was invented in the original game, which never considered the possibility of Dervishes or PvE-only skills. So, the original coding for GC probably has it triggering on something that used to be equivalent to physical damage, but not longer is. In other words, the description was correct when we just had Prophecies, but is now misleading. — Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 16:20, 19 March 2011 (UTC)