aww yeah! the charr hunters in pre-searing use this. since this skill's damage bonus was reduced and armor penetration cut in half(or as some would say: nerfed), i can solo the charr a little bit easier now--King steve 21:06, 20 March 2008 (UTC)
- Though this will hurt facing Charr (and anyone else who uses it), it will also hurt the other REAL players who use it. This+sundering bow mod+hornbow used to= amazing armor penetration if sundering mod was perfect (and if it activated).--Raph Talky 22:28, 20 March 2008 (UTC)
Er... this was the only skill that gave rangers in pve any type of dps who did not own barrage so now there is honestly no use to bringing a ranger for damage unless they have barrage, burning arrow, or just another interrupt ranger.William Wallace 13:09, 21 March 2008 (UTC)
YESS, no more turret rangers from here on out!
Also why nerf this skill when it has been almost the same since the release of guild wars prophecies? Not for sure if the guild wars development team is trying to move rangers away from being dps or something, but still rangers will always use bows and marksmanship is something every ranger will invest points into since the release of guild wars and will always to the point when the guild wars servers will be discontinue (unless your playing as a toucher). If anything the guild wars or whoever is reblancing these skills out needs to look at the elemental class and at least bring the other three elementals into play other than seeing the same fire elementalist everywhere in pve.William Wallace 02:58, 26 March 2008 (UTC)
Energy Cost Adaption
I've filed an request to at least adapt the skill cost of both Sundering Attack as well as Penetrating Attack, but got no answer so far. Any thoughts? ChaosCom 09:47, 26 March 2008 (UTC)
Must be another one of Izzy's imagination running again over ranger spikes happening which to keep you informed has never happen and never will and actually there is no use for taking a ranger along for pve anymore since their damage is far too low and the only other good thing they are good at is interrupting.Highway Man 04:30, 30 March 2008 (UTC)
- Pressure? I think they can provide decent team pressure too...18.104.22.168 06:36, 2 April 2008 (UTC)
Izzy Loves Messing With Us
I've come to the conclusion that Izzy just loves messing with us. Some day he'll just say "oh by the way...you know all those retarded skill updates...Psych!!!! That was a funny joke." Until then we'll just have to deal with him getting his laughs at our expense. :( Psychiatric Consultant 02:40, 3 May 2008 (UTC)
Wsn't the AP 20%?
Was it 20% AP or am I crazy? Gordy 16:49, 23 May 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, I could have sworn it was 20% too. Nerf FTL.
Penetrating Attack vs Power Shot
Is it just me, or is Power Shot totally useless now? Compared:
Penetrating Attack. Bow Attack. Deals +5...21...25 damage. 10% armor penetration. (10 , 1 , 4 )
- I was just about to comment about this comparison. yes, it seems rather useless. Now they need to split all ranger bow attacks into PvE and PvP versions. GJ Izzy Loser223 04:16, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
I Hate This Skill
Nobody in the right mind would use this in PvP. In PvE, the STUPID CHARR BLASTS MY WHOLE PARTY WITH THIS AND EVERYONE DIES. God. Make a monster skill please, and MAKE IT WEAKER. Charr Stalkers are now very hard to beat. Bisurge 08:58, 12 August 2008 (UTC)
- Ehm.. no offense but.. Penetrating Attack a monster skill? That's like making Power Attack a monster skill <HORSEDROWNER> 10:51, 12 August 2008 (UTC)
- power attack spam <322.214.171.124 16:55, 2 September 2008(UTC)
I Like This Skill
Personally, from a PvE perspective, I like this skill. Like any other skill it's not meant to me some uber 1 shot monster killer. It's not even an elite. Let's look at the pro's of it; 1) constant 10% Armor Penetration 2) Decent +Damage 3) It's only 3/8 activation time! 4) 4 Second recharge. Taken all together it's a great near-spammable, respectable damage, fast acting skill. The fast acting part is especially important for bow's due to the long fire time. Think about using it in conjunction with its duplicate skill and serpent's quickness, apply poison & hunter's shot and you have very quick damage and degen. For PvE what's the problem??? -Cael Foxleaf.
- I've always used this skill, and its duplicate when Factions came out. Great synergy with Broad Head Arrow, and not a bad way to put some pressure against casters and sins. Yes it eats 15% of your energy with high Expertise, but that's not really a huge deal when you can prevent some nasty spells Furry psyfox 18:21, 11 April 2012 (UTC)
Does this 10% AP stack with the inherent 10% AP with hornbows? Giving it 20% AP? --126.96.36.199 20:07, 30 October 2008 (UTC)Kaysan Smithee
I am removing the note about this skills cast time because it has a noticibly longer cast than D-Shot which has a 1/2 cast time. Also removing the note on it's duplicate. --Sam6555 21:24, 6 April 2009 (UTC)