How is Bonetti's Defense related to Steady Stance? Lightblade 20:20, 15 June 2007 (UTC)
- I suppose because it's a stance that gives you energy when so and so occurs. - BeX 02:47, 16 June 2007 (UTC)
- I think that Balanced stance is much more similar...it feels to me like the non-elite version of this skill.Once Great King 18:06, 8 April 2008 (UTC)
- Same could probably be done w/ Dolyak Signet, as yet another knockdown prevention skill --Meh 15:54, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
Has anyone else noticed that heroes will not activate this stance on their own? -- Gordon Ecker 04:10, 18 July 2007 (UTC)
- I'm guessing that heroes will use this stance similar to how I think they use Balanced Stance, that is when enemies using knockdowns are around. It's a shame they don't use Steady Stance to protect from self-knockdowns. - HeWhoIsPale 15:42, 31 July 2007 (UTC)
Steady Stance Nerf?
Whenever I WATCH my heroes Use Steady Stance then Drunken Blow the stance dissapears.
Was there a nerf to this skill recently? Demy 08:37, 6 January 2008 (UTC)
- I feel like saying "duh", drunken blow causes knockdown which makes this skill trigger and end. another reason might be that he uses a 2nd/different stance 184.108.40.206 13:04, 13 February 2008 (UTC)
this skill, and all skills mechanically linked to this skill, are really fucking bad. the most that note should be is a trivia thing saying "these skills were used together in the past, but since all of them have been nerfed to a point of complete suckery, the combination is no longer popular." -Auron 15:08, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
- also stop edit warring christ -Auron 15:09, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
- This skill is almost completely inferior to "I Am Unstoppable!" in PvE, and a waste of an elite skill slot in PvP, so I expect it to rust from disuse. Astralphoenix777 12:14, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
Aside from all of your wonderful opinions about a skill, I have a somewhat legitemate concern. Say you face a given ox skill. If you manage to get this stance up before the second hit, what happens?--220.127.116.11 11:54, 12 November 2009 (UTC)
- You stay on the ground if you didn't SS the first hit, but still gain the benefits, while you don't get KD if you did SS the first hit too. KDs don't get applied while you are under the effect of the first one, after all. Pika Fan 12:19, 12 November 2009 (UTC)
- Basically: "Does it give energy for preventing a KD when already KD'd?" I think it might, but that depends on game mechanics. ---Chaos- (talk) -- 14:53, 12 November 2009 (UTC)
- Steady Stance Elite Stance. 5 15 For 2...8...9 seconds, you can not be knocked down and you have +10 armor.
- Putting this in strength would make it useless to other primaries other than Warrior, and having it unmaintainable would make it balanced in PvP, while it could still be maintained (with Dwarven Stability and such) could make it be seen in PvE. Please consider this Anet.
How Steady Stance can be made useful
Despite what some say about the Elite - Steady Stance and how useless it is, this skill is BEST used when linked with the skill Grapple, and since it prevents KD, you would in turn not get KDed, Steady Stance ends, and you gain its energy and addrenaline benefits. Don't ask why but, upon using Grapple having precasted Steady Stance, there is NO penalty as far as not getting the adrenaline and energy benefits. The KD happens first, which ends Steady Stance, and by the time Grapple's removal of Steady Stance comes in, it doesn't rend the benefits of the adrenaline and energy boosts given by Steady Stance. In short, try it!
For examaple: Steady Stance, Grapple, Thrill of Victory, Enraging Charge, Sever Artery, Dash (if they run), Gash and Final Thrust is fun to use when using Steady Stance in a build. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
- Too bad that they "nerfed" For Great Justice in PvP... Imagine this on a sin: For Great Justice - Steady Stance - Grapple - On Your Knees - Fallin Spider - Steady Stance - Drunken Blow etc. Atleast works in PvE :D --22.214.171.124 16:04, 29 July 2012 (UTC)