with windwalker insigs on your armor, if you cast balths elite form and have 3 enchants on you, will the armor buff cap lower ur AL again or does windwalker runes bypass the cap? -188.8.131.52 23:34, 14 July 2007 (UTC)-
- I think that it just uses the largest value over the maximum and anything in addition to that is ignored. If you are below the maximum it just adds up until it hits that, and then ignores anything over it. - BeX 04:55, 15 July 2007 (UTC)
- Armor related insignia boni do not count towards the cap. So you can get full benefit of the Insignia and then the +40 from Balthazar on top of that. --Longasc 21:53, 18 September 2007 (UTC)
Why is this called "Windwalker" when majority of the wind prayer spells have to do with not having enchants?
- More than half; 12/23 of them are enchantments. — Skuld 15:48, 2 December 2007 (UTC)
Since it only buffs the one armor piece, can you stack this by putting it on 4 armor pieces?
For example, the HP and Energy insigs stack, each one adds to the other 3x5/1 1x10/2 1x15/3. So the same would go for this insig right? 4x5(1) 4x10(2) 4x15(3) 4x20(4) Total of 80 armor buff right? (Ixillius)
- You can put it on 4 armor pieces, however, it only provides the effect for each piece so you don't get more than +20 armor buff. -- Wyn 12:04, 10 October 2008 (UTC)
- Armor isn't global, when you get hit it randomly hits one of your armor pieces and the damage you take is calculated based upon the armor of that piece. As Wynthyst said, it just gives the armor damage bonus on the piece it's applied to. Misery 12:13, 10 October 2008 (UTC)
- Way to learn something, i didnt know that:P. Darn Spanish manuals >.>. Thanks for the info. (Ixillius)
Not only in NF
This insignia doesn't drop only in Nightfall. I found it in Eye of the North also.
- Same here, gonna go remove the comment--WikiWu 10:07, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
Reminds me of Prince of Persia 2008.
Why are these so expensive?
- My guess would be that most Dervish builds are inherently enchantment-heavy; they're more effective for armor level than any other rune they can get. The Forsaken Insignia would rarely provide bonuses in these cases, and the Windwalkers give much more armor overall than the Blessed Insignia if the Dervish is running enchantments like it's goin' out of style. -- Traveler (talk) 07:17, 8 September 2017 (UTC)
- While not intently wrong, the problem is more pressing. Due to Guild Wars no longer receiving much active attention, it has been overrun with bots. One of the bot scripts that is being used by the hacking community is the Dervish farm for Rin Relics and Diessa Chalices from Doomlore Shrine (you can see randomly named Dervishes here every day, running a very obvious script). These runs are exceptionally lucrative, and the builds and gear only require minor investing. Unfortunately Windwalker Insignias are a staple on every piece of armour. As long as the scripts are more rewarding than the investments are worth, these bots will be free to run, and thus the price of the upgrades will remain ridiculously high. - Infinite - talk 08:58, 8 September 2017 (UTC)