The Polar Depressed
|The Polar Depressed|
|Section||Festival Event Quests|
|Prophecies or Nightfall|
|Given by||Brrrnadette |
in Lion's Arch or Kamadan, Jewel of Istan
|Note: This quest can only be completed once per account every Wintersday|
- Acquire 99 Candy Cane Shards by participating in Wintersday activities.
- See Brrrnadette for your reward.
- "Sorry, I'm just a little blue. It's the one time of the year that I get out of the lair, and I'm stuck gathering candy cane shards. I wanted to be the one who gave out the hats. Wintersday should be about excitement and people get more excited about festive headwear than almost anything. Plus, I have to compete with some grentch who's giving away tokens for only 100 shards.
- Well, at least you get to join in the games. Help Dwayna's side beat back the cold and I'll give you a token for bringing me 99 shards! I'll show that grentch..."
- "That trade was in your favor, 'cause now that we're done, I've got 99 shards, but hats? Not a one.
- Except my top hat, but you can't have it. Alright, I'm done moping. Take that token and go see Brrrtie. And tell him next year we're switching jobs!"
- The Quest Log displays "Brrrnadette (Lion's Arch)" even if your character acquired this quest in Kamadan.
- The Polar Express is a book about a Christmas story.
- Part of the reward dialogue ("I've got 99 shards, but hats? Not a one.") is similar to the lyrics from the 99 Problems song by Jay-Z (which is based on the lyrics of the 99 Problems song by Ice-T): "I've got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one."
- This quest was introduced in Wintersday 2012.