Guild:The Evenfeather Family (historical)
| This page is about a historical player guild.
This page is a player-managed entry on a guild that has now faded into obscurity through inactivity or disbanding.
|The Evenfeather Family [Even]|
|Leader||Eris Of Evenfeather|
|No. of members||90|
|Guild Hall||Wizard's Isle|
|Time zone||MST, GMT -7|
- The Evenfeather Family, protected by The Celestial Arrows Of The Phoenix, stems from a great tree of deep rooted ideals and history. Guided by the Goddess Melandru, Eris Of Evenfeather leads The Family and The Arrows through the lands of Tyria to meet new friends and companions, forge alliances and build a prosperous community. A family community that recognizes and supports players who enjoy every aspect of Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2, including but not limited to Player vs. Environment (PvE), Player vs. Player (PvP), World vs. World vs. World (WvWvW,)and Roleplaying(RP).
- The Evenfeather Family specializes in the skills and tactics of Beastmastery and are dedicated to teaching and training a diverse team of players who can use an animal companion with any profession to achieve success and victory in any field of battle. The Family develops and hosts a series of Animal Companion Workshops with a course curriculm that covers Pet Behaviors, Commands, Basic and Advanced Skill Build Development with Pets, as well as practical exercises and a final test at the end of each session to demonstrate and test the skills learned during the workshops.
 Our Symbolic Cape
- Shaped like a feathered arrow, our cape represents a long and noble history. The royal blue and satin white colors represent The Marksmen [Mark], The first Ranger's guild led by Eris Of Evenfeather, founded December 29th, 2006.
- The emerald phoenix and the stars represent The Celestial Arrows Of The Phoenix [Arro], founded in late August 2007. The phoenix being Arrow Wing, the original Imperial Phoenix mascot, and the stars being the players of the guild ascending with the phoenix.
- The Evenfeather Family [Even] was founded in October 2009 and was originally slated to have a seasonal tree cape that would change colors for each season of the year. After the following winter, it was decided that The Family would adopt The Celestial Arrows Cape to show the unified allegiance between the two guilds.
- In February 2011, The Evenfeather Family & The Celestial Arrows Of The Phoenix joined The Descendants Of Honor [DH] Alliance, and in a continued effort to build a prospering community of players, The Celestial Arrows Of The Phoenix joined The Evenfeather Family to become a single guild in April 2011.
- February 2012, The Evenfeather Family & The Celestial Arrows Of The Phoenix celebrate one year with The Descendants Of Honor during the Canthan New Years' festivities.
- On June 18th, 2012, The Evenfeather Family guild was disbanded.
 The Evenfeather Family & The Celestial Arrows Of The Phoenix Leadership Structure
 The Evenfeather Family [Even]
 The Celestial Arrows Of The Phoenix [Arro]
- Captain Of The Arrows (Guild Leader & Co-Guild Leaders)
- Eris Of Evenfeather
- Family Guardians (1st Officers)
- Celestial Arrows (Officers) -
- Arrowlings (Members)
 The Noble History Of The Family
 The Birth Of The Marksmen
- Ascalon City. Wintersday. December 29th, 2006.
- After only four days of experience in Guild Wars, Eris Of Evenfeather set out to create a guild of Rangers, and thus she founded The Marksmen [Mark]. Having never been a guild leader before and still learning even the basic mechanics of the game world itself, the growth of The Marksmen was slow during its initial months of existence. It was not until one fateful and unexpected journey that took her from the decimated ruins of Ascalon City to the vibrant and lush lands of Kryta and Lion's Arch did events begin to take shape.
- Over the course of several months, Rangers from all across Tyria began to flock to the guild, and in May 2007, The Marksmen flourished with a strong membership of approx. 70 Rangers. Together, with Eris' inspiring leadership, these good friends set out to forge a complete alliance of guilds. An alliance the likes of which Tyria had never witnessed before.
 The Sovereign Alliance Of The Marksmen
- June 3rd - August 16th, 2007.
- The Knights Of The Marksmen [War] - Founded June 3rd
- The Academy Of The Elemental Arts [Eles] - Founded June 7th
- The Scion Of The Scythe [Derv] - Founded June 16th
- The Spiritual Magi Of Prophecy [Rits] - Founded June 24th
- The Messengers Of Divine Grace [Monk] - Founded June 25th
- The Artisans Of The Illusionary Arts [Mes] - Founded June 28th
- The Seekers Of The Unseen Blades [Assn] - Founded July 1st
- The Gatekeepers Of The Necropolis [Necr] - Founded July 9th
- The Spears Of The Ascending Song [Para] - Founded August 8th
- Eris presented her fellow Rangers with a well conceived plan for the future, a structural design that detailed the construction of the alliance. It was known as "The Destiny Of The Arrow." The Destiny described an alliance of ten guilds, in which each guild would represent one Guild Wars profession. What began with a guild of Rangers was developing into something on a greater scale. The construction of the alliance commenced on June 3rd, 2007 with the founding of a guild of Warriors knowns as The Knights Of The Marksman [War]. United together, these two guilds, under the allegiance of the Kurzick banner, established the framework for the guilds that would soon follow.
- Before long, a guild for the Elementalists (The Academy Of The Elemental Arts [Eles]), the Dervish (The Scion Of The Scythe [Derv]), and the Ritualists (The Spiritual Magi Of Prophecy [Rits]) was established. Within a month's time, seven guilds of the alliance had been founded to include a guild for the Monks (The Messengers Of Divine Grace [Monk]), the Mesmers (The Artisans Of The Illusionary Arts [Mes]), and the Assassins (The Seekers Of The Unseen Blades [Assn]). As the construction for the Necromancer's guild (The Gatekeepers Of The Necropolis [Necr]) commenced, the Paragon's guild (The Spears Of The Ascending Song [Para]) waited in the wings for a proper guild leader to claim it. Yet, over the passage of the next month it was quickly becoming apparent that The Sovereign Alliance Of The Marksmen was missing some important and integral parts. To be more specific, each guild was lacking a supporting cast of Members and dedicated Officers to help each Guild Leader to make the guild flourish and grow.
- In the momentous excitement and the expediency to establish the foundations for each professional guild, Eris and The Marksmen realized that the greatest failing of the alliance was a lack of patience to let each guild grow its own membership, just as The Marksmen did, before commencing with the construction of the next guild. With its original Officers and Members spread out across all ten primary profession guilds, The Marksmen and its legendary alliance collapsed.
 The Destiny Of The Arrow
- August 16th - December-ish 2007.
- The Celestial Arrows Of The Phoenix [Arro] - Founded August 16th
- In addition to the goals of constructing a complete profession-guild alliance, The Destiny Of The Arrow also described a daunting quest to reach The Hall Of Heroes. Each profession-guild in the alliance was constructed with a different guild hall, so that when the players of the alliance began to actively pursue Player-vs.-Player or Guild-vs.-Guild combat, they would be able to practice against each other and gain an understanding of the mechanics and the best tactics to use in each of the guild halls.
- In an effort to continue that quest, The Celestial Arrows Of The Phoenix [Arro], was originally founded to host PvP players. To accomodate PvE players, and to preserve the remnants of The Marksmen Alliance, two guilds were founded. The Council Of The Noble's Gauntlet [Nobl] was dedicated to all of the fighter-class professions (Warrior, Ranger, Assassin, Dervish, Paragon). The Council Of The Sorceror's Hand [Sorc] was dedicated to the spellcaster-class professions (Elementalist, Monk, Mesmer, Necromancer, Ritualist).
- Unfortunately, by mid-September, when the three guilds were allied with one another, most of the players who had helped to build The Marksmen Alliance had either taken different paths in Guild Wars or chose not to play altogether. In less then a months time, the new alliance was disbanded, and everything that The Marksmen had hoped for so many months before was coming to a close. As the cold winter of December snowed over the ruins, The Celestial Arrows Of The Phoenix and its sole member, Guild Leader Eris Of Evenfeather, disappeared from Tyria completely.
- Little did she know, The Destiny Of The Arrow was just beginning.
 Melandru's Call
- Spring 2008 - Winter 2008
- During the early decline of The Marksmen Alliance, Eris was already on the path to becoming a skilled Ranger and a faithful follower of Melandru. When she resurfaced with The Celestial Arrows Of The Phoenix in the early spring of 2008, Eris continued with her initial studies of Beastmastery. Being a Ranger was easy to grasp when you only used skills that involved the attributes of Expertise, Marksmanship, and Wilderness Survival. When Eris included an animal companion (Arrow Wing) to fight by her side, both, the Beastmaster and the Animal Apprentice, created a dynamic duo that unlocked a greater potential and laid down the foundations for everything that The Celestiall Arrows Of The Phoenix would achieve in the years to follow.
- As Eris continued to further her knowledge, wisdom and experience of Beastmastery, she began to train other phoenixes for her Ranger Heroes, Acolyte Jin, Margrid The Sly, and Pyre Fierceshot. Together, this fearsome foursome defeated many foes with encouraging and consistent success. This milestone in history defined what was to happen next. Eris questioned the unthinkable. "What if every profession utilized an animal companion?"
- Eris tested her theories by charming and training animal companions for the rest of her Heroes. By summer's end, every hero was equipped with a dire animal companion, and the results of her theories concluded that there was a greater chance of victory in any field of battle when utilizing an animal companion with every player, hero, or profession.
- Eris had heard Melandru's Call Of The Wild. And the animals had a protector. A guardian that would help repopulate the animal kingdom across the world. Melandru blessed Eris with a guardian of her own. As the story is told, Arrow Wing, took off into the night sky, leaving Eris in the midst of a battle with a warband of Charr. Outnumbered, Eris took flight to escape through the Far Shiverpeaks. After a night's pursuit, the Charr had almost caught their prey, but at the last second, Eris was lifted off the ground by a Rainbow Phoenix!
- In flight, the phoenix spoke to Eris through a divine form of telepathy. "You protected me. Now we shall protect each other." Arrow Wing had ascended into the celestial night and returned to the earth as a greater being known as Amicus Ex Astra, a "friend from the stars."
 Forging The Family
- January - October 2009
- The Evenfeather Family [Even] - Founded October 2009
- The Celestial Arrows Of The Phoenix [Arro]
 For The Family, For The Honor.
- February 2011
 The Evenfeather Family in Guild Wars 2
 Be Part Of Our Family Community
- In our travels through Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2, we will always be seeking to meet new friends and companions to play with, to learn from and enjoy each other's company.
 Update Notes From The Guild Leader
Due to a lack of player activity, The Evenfeather Family guild was disbanded on June 18th, 2012.
When I can afford to purchase and play Guild Wars 2, if I decide to lead a guild it is likely that I will not be continuing The Evenfeather Family or The Celestial Arrows in Guild Wars 2. I would like to start with something fresh and different, but we will see how things play out from here.