User:Tennessee Ernie Ford/Rants/WiK qq
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
 The War in Kryta quests are too hard
There's no question that Riverside Assassination, A Little Help From Above, and Temple of the Intolerable are among the tougher quests in the game. It's reasonable to expect that reasonable people consider these quests to be required (you need them to unlock a hero, earn Oppressor's Weapons for your Hall of Monuments, and to feel like you are participating in the current game).
However, if you are having trouble over and over again, don't rant, don't rave, don't break the computer. Stop. And think. Clearly, plenty of people complete the quests successfully, so something must be getting in the way. Among the possibilities:
- Have you tried asking for assistance?
There are a number of people out there who like nothing better than helping others (even if some prefer to show off). Try advertising in party search or through your guild. (And hey, if no one in your guild is willing to help, perhaps it's also time to consider a new guild.)
- Do you have an appropriate team?
- Standard groups aren't going to get you as far as in Prophecies generally.
- White Mantle and Peacekeepers have stronger and more diverse builds that work better together.
- Frozen Soil is enormously helpful in preventing enemy resurrection. Consider bringing rez scrolls for your own team.
- Can you mitigate the high damage dealers? Can you heal the team quickly?
- Do you have an appropriate strategy?
Most areas of the game can be handled through brute force. These three quests cannot.
- Pulling is almost essential for all these quests. A successful pull doesn't simply attract attention, it draws aggro away from dangerous areas.
- Unsuccessful teams allow their own group to get pulled; don't let yours.
- Separate patrols from main groups.
- Pay attention to patrol patterns; they aren't random.
- Pay attention to reinforcement patterns; they aren't random.
- Focus on appropriate targets.
- This is almost always the healer, but sometimes it's easier to begin by shutting down a damage dealer, which leaves the healer vulnerable.
- Take advantage of the environment:
- There are numerous choke points in all three quests; use them.
- There are numerous walls and hills; use them to protect your crew and avoid letting them block your own attacks.