Temple of the Intolerable
|Temple of the Intolerable|
|Storyline||Beyond: War in Kryta|
|Prophecies and Eye of the North|
|Given by|| Princess Salma |
in Lion's Arch Keep
|Part of||The War in Kryta|
|Preceded by||A Little Help From Above|
|Followed by||Mustering a Response|
Kill Koril the Malignant.
- You must have completed the A Little Help From Above quest
- Speak with Jiaju Tai and arrange passage to D'Alessio Seaboard
- Seek out Dinas in Hakewood.
- Fight your way to the Temple of Tolerance.
- Kill Koril the Malignant.
- Return to Princess Salma for a reward.
Jiaju Tai (at the pier, in Lion's Arch) takes you to the beach. From there, head to Hakewood to speak with Dinas. After he opens the gate, travel towards Temple of Tolerance. Inside the temple, you will face multiple groups of mantles from both entrances. Clear out the groups on the platforms below Koril the Malignant, to give you room to maneuver and a place to retreat. Koril calls in reinforcements when his health drops, one time each at 75%, 50%, 25% and even 10% health.
When attacking Koril, flag heroes and hench at his location so as not to lure Patrols accidentally. If a patrol comes during the fight against Koril, retreat and deal with the patrol, then return. If more than one appears, pull them apart first. Like his reinforcements, once killed, these patrols do not return. Alternatively, kill most of the patrols and then pull Koril away from his spawn point towards the entrance stairs. Koril's reinforcements spawn at his original position, so this makes the fight much easier.
Once Koril dies, the quest is complete, and a 15-second countdown will start, automatically sending the party back to Lion's Arch upon its conclusion.
- Skill and tactics recommendations
- Flag your party at edge of the balcony where Koril stands. Next, Pull (and kill) Koril's allies. Finally, pull and kill Koril. This allows you to avoid any patrols and reinforcements (since the latter spawn only on/near the altar).
- There are plenty of corpses to power minion masters. However, use caution against Koril; the minions can easily over-aggro patrols or otherwise undermine your efforts to pull Koril separately.
- Interrupts shorten the fight by preventing Koril from using life stealing skills.
- Henchmen will be a handicap in Normal Mode, since they are Level 10 while foes are Level 20-28. If you must include them in the party:
- Consider playing in Hard Mode, which raises henchmen to Level 20 and boosts foes to Level 26+.
- If playing with an all hero party, do the quest in Normal Mode, since there are no added benefits for Hard Mode completion
- Otherwise, manage your team carefully: pull groups, flag your team apart, and avoid accidentally aggroing the wrong groups. For this mission, the caster and ranger henchmen are easier to control.
- 10 (20) Villagers
- 20 (26) White Mantle Knight
- 20 (26) White Mantle Zealot
- 20 (26) White Mantle Scout
- 20 (26) White Mantle Seeker
- 20 (26) White Mantle Abbot
- 20 (26) White Mantle Priest
- 20 (26) White Mantle Fanatic
- 20 (26) White Mantle Ritualist
- 20 (26) White Mantle Sycophant
- 20 (26) White Mantle Adherent
- 20 (26) White Mantle Savant
- 20 (26) White Mantle Enforcer
- 20 (26) White Mantle Ritualist
- 20 (26) White Mantle Champion
- 20 (26) White Mantle Devotee
Human (White Mantle)
Jade constructs (Mursaat)
- Princess Salma
- "The White Mantle's Temple of Tolerance has always been considered too well defended to risk an attack on it, but now we have momentum and a secret weapon. For many years, the Shining Blade have had a spy deeply embedded within the White Mantle organization. He has been stationed in the Temple of Tolerance for some time, working within the Mantle to build a small base of Krytans who are loyal to the crown and willing to risk their lives to restore order to the nation. These individuals have arranged for the guards in Hakewood to take a bit of a break, at which point our man will let you into the Temple to kill the Mursaat fiend, Koril the Malignant. I've booked you passage for this mission with Jiaju Tai , who is here in Lion's Arch. Are you willing to do this for Kryta?"
- "Finally! I was starting to get nervous. The Mantle think we left hours ago. If they saw us still lurking around, it could be trouble. Now, before I open this door, I have information to add to your report to the Princess. Listen carefully. The White Mantle are getting scared. Toriimo flew into an uncontrollable rage when he heard that his pet Inquisitors had been taken out. Now they are sending men every day to Demetra in the North. That's where we are headed as well. Something is happening up there. I'm not sure what, but I'll be in touch. Now, go! Koril is in the center of the Temple. He should be hard to miss. [sic] Good luck!
- Princess Salma
- "Excellent news, <character name>! Now three Mursaat have been eliminated and four remain, if our intelligence is accurate. But this news of Mantle forces amassing in Demetra is troublesome. It is a holy place for the Mantle, being the site where Saul D'Alessio pushed back the Charr. I suppose we can only wait for word from Dinas and hope he doesn't come under suspicion. His work has been crucial to our cause.