An account mark is an administrative mark placed on a player's account by a game master in order to tag the account for "infractions" (breaking the Rules of Conduct). A mark is meant as a warning and it results in a temporary blocking of the account. The length of the block period increases with every added account mark, and eventually will result in a ban.
Types of infractions
There are two kinds of infractions (misbehavior):
- Naming infractions:
- In-game infractions:
- Inappropriate in-game behavior – such as obscene talk or behavior, abuse of another player, or harassment
- Repeating in-game chat ("flooding")
- In-game linking to inappropriate websites
- Taking advantage of another player ("scamming") in order to take his/her items or account
- Abusing game exploits
- Advertising cheats, hacks, and exploits
- Using, developing, releasing or promoting a "bot" program
For naming infractions a player may submit an "appeal" to the Game Masters if he/she feels that a block is unjustified. For in-game infractions no appeal will be accepted.