Help:Ask an account question/Archive2010011-201012
can i rollback an account?
i just want to replay the game from the beggining... unlocking skills again, playing from ZERO.
there's a way to do it?
- Buy a new account.--188.8.131.52 18:09, 5 November 2010 (UTC)
- Your unlock information is stored on Anet's servers, and that information is not going to be rolled back. If you want a clean account, yes, you do need to buy a new one. G R E E N E R 18:45, 5 November 2010 (UTC)
- tl;dr: No. — Raine Valen 21:09, 5 Nov 2010 (UTC)
- Actually, maybe if you ask them, they'll do it for you. I knew a guy who kept getting skills and equipment re-locked after he unlocked them with faction, and there's quite a few stories of people who've gained/lost title points. — Raine Valen 21:11, 5 Nov 2010 (UTC)
- The only thing I heard were skills re-locking themselves, and that's probably just a bug or system glith then physical intervention by someone.
- To the OP - if you want a new experience again without buying a new account, just ignore unlocks. The only thing you'll notice on a new character is that you have some skills available from trainers earlier on, and any items/money that you have in your chest. You can store chest items on other characters if that bothers you, and check on the wiki where the skills you want are available first. — Poki#3 (talk) 21:39, 5 November 2010 (UTC)
- The functionality for an account reset is in the game, but unavailable to players. I doubt support has the authority to wipe peoples' accounts. Asking won't hurt though. ~Shard 02:32, 9 November 2010 (UTC)
Banned for inappropriate character name
Have a nice day everyone!
My problem is that I've been banned because of an "unacceptable name" (Code=045). My question is that will I be able to change my charater's name that the GW Staff found "offensive", or should I pay the fee for the one can be found in the In-Game-Store. Anyway will they told me which is my character whose name is so vulgar?
- The ban message should note how long have you been banned for. After the ban if over you'll be prompted to rename your character after you login. — Poki#3 (talk) 15:32, 13 November 2010 (UTC)
- You can also appeal the name change. On rare occasions, the support team bans a name that, upon later reflection, should have been acceptable. If you decide to go that route, keep in mind that these types of arguments have not been successful in the past: longevity (e.g. I've had the name for a long time); similarity (e.g. well, this other toon has this name which is almost the same); or ignorance (e.g. I was unaware that people would find this name offensive). Instead, focus on other public venues where the name is deemed acceptable (e.g. Roy G Biv, a forbidden name, is the standard mnemonic for memorizing the colors of the rainbow: Red, Orange, ...). Good luck. — Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 16:12, 13 November 2010 (UTC)
Playing 2 characters at once
Hey i wondering right now could it be possible to run 1 guildwars account on 2 computer ? Not with the same carracter but with two differents —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Vvarrowvv (talk • contribs) at 16:07, 18 November 2010 (UTC).
Not appearing "online"
I log into Guild Wars and I AM online... but I am not noticed by my friends as online. How do I fix this and keep it from happeneing again? I have Win. Vista. No spyware or viruses as I have AVG as well as other protective applications. I was playing GW for about 20 minutes, and nobody can see that I am online... But I can see my friends online (N). I have been trying to accept an invite from a new guild and I cannot because I have not received it (Or so my computer says, the guild members can see that the invite was sent in their roster). --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk).
- This happens to me a fair bit, and more frequently this past month or so. I attribute it to my poor router connection, though other disconnects further up the line could cause it. After some time, you'll also notice that when you press "N", you will be asked to sign-in again before you can view your friend list, and this will reset you as "online" to everybody, until you get sent offline again.
- As for the guild invite, I would log in fully, again, and see if it reappears. Worst case scenario have them pay 100 on another invite. G R E E N E R 05:01, 6 December 2010 (UTC)
I have been playing Guildwars for quite some time now and i saw a few months back that peoples accounts had been deleted, i would like to mention that my account has been deleted, i have obayed the term and conditions, i have been an abusive player, i have enjoyed my experiance in playing gildwars. Im writing all of this to try and get my account back. Anyone Know Where i can speak with guildwars officialy? --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk).
- Your first resort is to Contact Support. They should give you information on the state of your account and the reason for your ban. If that is unsuccessful, and you feel that a thorough job was not done by Support, you can ask Gaile to look into the situation. G R E E N E R 19:52, 6 December 2010 (UTC)
Logging in to trial version
Im on a trial version of Guild Wars and have only logged on once. I downloaded it today, but when I tried to log on a second time it wouldn't let me. Ii haven't t kept saying that it does not recognize my account, I have changed my password but that doesn't work either and my user name is correct, I know I haven't used up my trail yet because it said I had 9 hours of game time left, please help :( --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
- Not directly, no, but you can always trade your items to a trusted third-party (like a friend), who can then trade the items back to your other account. G R E E N E R
- Or you can trade between toon A on account 1 and toon B on account 2 by running the game on two computers. If you don't have two machines, you can run Windows Virtual Machine and run the second copy off that.
- There are also unsupported third-party tools that allow you to run two or more copies simultaneously from the same machine. Some people are convinced that there's a real risk of getting banned for doing that, while others claim to have done this for years with no ill effects. (If you choose this route, keep in mind you do so at your own risk.) — Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 04:19, 9 December 2010 (UTC)
I am new to GW. I lost my MOX and 2 heroes after I raavled to the Temple of Balthazar and returned to Istan. Please help me get them back. 22.214.171.124 01:11, 12 December 2010 (UTC)
- I'm assuming you mean they are not in your party. If you are in an outpost, you should see your party window, and from there, there should be a dropdown list titled "Add Heroes" (or something of the sort)–alistic 01:14, 12 December 2010 (UTC)
- The strongest deleting you can do is to delete your characters. Items which you have already unlocked will remain unlocked. G R E E N E R 22:23, 22 December 2010 (UTC)
Cpt. Obvious Saves the day!
My account is right. My password is right. So why can't I log in?
- Type in your character name in the security question box. -- 00:55, 26 December 2010 (UTC)