From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Section||Kaineng City Quests|
|Given by||Paomu |
in Wajjun Bazaar
(Click to enlarge)
Search for the medicine known as "Thorn Devourer Salve."
- Speak to Officer Chitaro.
- Speak to Guardsman Pah.
- Talk to Budo.
- See Paomu for your reward.
- 3,000 Experience
- 175 Gold
- Imperial Commendation
This quest takes place entirely in Wajjun Bazaar and requires little (if any) fighting. Due to the sequence of events, it does require a significant amount of "backtracking" to complete, since Guardsman Pah is located between Paomu and Officer Chitaro, and Budo is located beyond both of them (along the path to The Marketplace). Once you have spoken to Paomu, Officer Chitaro and Guardsman Pah (in that order), you can map travel to The Marketplace to meet Budo, before returning to Paomu for the reward. If you have access to Nahpui Quarter then map traveling there after meeting Budo shortens the amount of time to complete this quest.
- 10 Budo
- 20 Guardsman Pah
- 10 (20) Officer Chitaro
- "<Character name>! Please, you must help me! My son has fallen ill with a terrible malady, and the healers claim that the only cure is a rare medicine known as Thorn Devourer Salve. The Celestial Ministry has a huge supply of medicines from all over the world, but due to some silly regulations they won't allow me to purchase it. Will you help me get some?"
- Officer Chitaro
- "Why do people continually bother me about medicines and cures? Speak to Guardsman Pah; he is responsible for our medicinal stores. If he has the medicine you seek, you may petition the case after all the appropriate scrollwork is filled out in triplicate."
- Guardsman Pah
- "Chitaro sent you, eh? For Thorn Devourer Salve? I would love to help, but I have none. The last remaining bottle was sold to a wealthy nobleman named Budo a few days ago, and the ministry has refused to order additional quantities. Something to do with a forced shortage intended to drive up the price. Perhaps Budo still has some left he would be willing to sell?"
- "Thorn Devourer Salve? I had some, but it did not work the way I had hoped. You see, I...I mean, my wife and I, have been experiencing some...personal difficulties. A friend of mine swore that Thorn Devourer Salve could help my...inability. Needless to say, it did not work. Otherwise, why would I be standing here talking to the likes of you? On the bright side, I have not felt this energized in years! I am afraid I do not have any left."
- "A shortage? I see. Thank you for your help, <Character name>. Perhaps I can find a ship to Kryta so I can acquire the salve myself."
- This quest can be done without any fighting.