I fixed up the wording on the Eternal Grove note, but I don't get the need for having both routes to the boss. Going through a bubble of Kurzick territory won't injure a Luxon unless they fight the priests at the ressurection shrine, so having an alternate route that could also be Kurzick territory and is a lot more difficult seems very redundant to me. Silavor 04:39, 6 May 2008 (UTC)
- Great thinking! MiraLantis 04:46, 6 May 2008 (UTC)
- Eternal Grove is not accessible until prerequisite(s) are performed-I just wanted the darn wand and was glad to have the long route, and later since it refused to drop for me, I eventually picked up enough faction and became "Kurzik Friendly" (and possibly finished another quest or two which I don't recall atm) and opened up eternal grove for the easy stride to the boss. I was very pleased with having both routes to this boss, as the complex world terrain (wooded area) made tracking difficult for me.cecil 18:12, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
Is the note regarding his attack being very strong in HM really necessary? It seems a given since he's a boss and it IS hard mode... -- Wyn 21:19, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
- I don't know many mesmer bosses dealing around 200 damage with their standard attack. 184.108.40.206 21:22, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
- First off, use :'s to add indents to your comments, not *'s. Second, in HM a boss has higher level (more "attack rating") and in Factions does double damage. So, while 200 damage seems high for wanding (except for the Lich), it's not overly noteworthy because all monsters deal a lot of damage in HM. A normal monster consistently wands me in HM for 40+. --JonTheMon 21:30, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
- Then perhaps, if it is not noteworthy, you can easily find many other mesmer bosses that deal such an amount of damage by wanding. Moreover, in the same area lies a Ranger Boss dealing less damage than this mesmer boss with his standard attack. I doubt that such a thing is "standard".220.127.116.11 21:52, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
Abnormally Hard : To get a kill? No! To get a green drop? Yes!
I have no problem taking down just "Bezzr Wingstorm" with the following main characters, and a sabway hero team plus 2 hench: I have used Ranger, Ritualist, and illusion Mesmer main characters - all successful every time.
Maybe the main page is referring to the large amount of spawns that show up when you approach the boss, and the combined damage that they do. With Mesmer armor and 3 recharging skills, I do not have a problem with hero/henching this portion of the thicket, nor the escort quest to open up Echavold forest area prior to my hard mode runs to try and get the 20/20 domination wand that Wingstorm supposedly drops.
Kameil's Scepter (identical item statistics) hasn't dropped for me yet either - despite MANY hours of game play and hundreds of repeated attempts.
Manufacturing a completely comparable item doesn't cut it for me, because I want the real item. All I can say is that the drop rate is horrible when I look at farming experiences obtaining greens from bosses in the past.
I wish I could see statistics on the drop rate of this item and/or Kameil's Scepter. Using my personal statistics, 1000:1 is coming up fast for Kameil's Scepter- and i still don't know if it will drop after 1,000 kills.
Hoping Bezzr Wingstorm's drop comes more quickly than Kameil the Inept, but so far I am at aproximately 200 attempts with no joy. Sorry for sounding so pathetic - I am feeling frustrated more than anything else. cecil 09:59, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
considering it's random its more likely you folks are unlucky, I have gotten this green twice and the other domination one once, killing them maybe 5-10 times depending on which one were talking about. Materia user 18:50, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
At this point, I've got to hold the world record for most kills on this guy without getting Wingstorm to drop. Sad face. Castcastcast 00:08, 4 March 2012 (UTC)
Does anyone have definite proof that this guy does 200+ damage with regular attacks? It seems much more likely to me that it's coming from his spells, Accumulated Pain to be precise. -- 18.104.22.168 15:24, 21 February 2011 (UTC)