When entering Talkmark Wilderness from The Black Curtain there is a patch of water next to the collector Ember Whisperwind. I noticed that when I move my character, the surface of the water also moves as though it was fixed upon my location. Is this just me? Has anyone else experienced this? Today was my first time in the area so I have no idea if the recent update is the cause of this. Jonny Arrowhead 02:52, 18 July 2007 (UTC)
I have noticed it when exploring, will have a look again when I vanquish the place (Hag 16:02, 28 October 2007 (UTC))
And yes ive also noticed this i should get video capture of it one of these days - Chrisworld 05:17, 12 November 2007 (UTC)
- Yes, this is a very old glitch. It should get fixed imo. Been wanting to report it for years :P Sjeng 10:41, 27 March 2010 (UTC)
Palm Tree underwater
Theres a palm tree about 3/4 underwater not far from the Black Curtian Portal, i thought this was kinda funny, lol. - Chrisworld 05:14, 12 November 2007 (UTC)
Forest of True Sight?
While browsing the talk page for Trolls and afterwards looking through the proph booklet, I googled "Forest of True Sight". It appears that GWGuru has a page regarding where it is. It says, that the forest is located between "Majesty's Rise" and The Black Curtain. First of all, "Majesty's Rise" could be Majesty's Rest, and 'Rest also has a section on the site, which 'Rise does not. Secondly, between Majesty's Rest and The Black Curtain is only Talmark Wilderness. And there are no trolls here. Paddymew 13:08, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
- Anything which doesn't appear in the game but appears in lore has to be imagined :P so maybe that dark blotch to the South West of Divinity Coast's map (but between Majesty's and Black Curtain!) is the forest eh? Why not? ;) Puk 04:45, 13 May 2012 (UTC)
the ruins in the top corner of the area i want t osay Magguma druid ruins but the trees have decorations that trigger me to think Cantuars, what does everyone else think --The preceding unsigned comment was added by User:22.214.171.124 (talk).
plz sign and druid id say--Lord randy taylor 23:24, 13 June 2009 (UTC)
- (Other than the first comment using a translator...) yeh ive seen them too- yes it does seem like druids,but since they are all ghostly tree spirits now, those are just glowing green houses.--Neil2250 16:25, 20 January 2010 (UTC)
Just ran through The Lost Princess from Stingray with one of my characters, and didn't have a quest marker until I was through Talmark. I'm assuming this has to do with the two versions existing at the same time. Anyone else experience this problem? --Sirakou 01:50, 4 May 2010 (UTC)
I don't understand the note about the area being inaccessible for characters who have completed either Prophecies or the Eye of the North. What part of that makes sense? Especially given the Shining Blade camp... But I'm pretty sure I was running through here to Sanctum Cay both before and after completion of Prophecies and Eye of the North, so even changing it to "characters who have not completed" wouldn't be accurate. --RoyHarmon 00:01, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
- If you have completed those, you get another version, and can't return to this one. Se the top of the article. Backsword 00:06, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
Livia hero not moving
I don't know if this has to do with the new updates or not, but when I enter the Talmark Wilderness from the Black Curtain, Livia refuses to move from the area right outside the portal. I tried it three times and everytime she just stands there. Is anyone else experiencing this?--(Zimmleanna 16:55, 20 May 2010 (UTC))
Ok, so since the latest updates (don't know which one exactly) i've been having this 'problem', you see i've vanquished this area, but each time i'm in an explorable area in hard more, the area is still show in red, while if i'm in an outpost the yellow is like pasted over the red and gives like yellow with an orangey glow (i still have the vanquisher title tho was just wondering if anyone else has this problem). (forgot to sign) --126.96.36.199 18:02, 25 May 2010 (UTC)
- I think this is because, unlike other Kryta areas, this area is technically considered separate to Talmark Wilderness (War in Kryta), and so if you've vanquished one of them but not the other the red symbol is sometimes on top of the yellow one and sometimes it's the other way round. --Santax (talk · contribs) 18:04, 25 May 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe it'll be fixed if i've vanquished the war in kryta one also, worth trying atleast =] --188.8.131.52 18:12, 25 May 2010 (UTC)
I re-vanquished the area and it now shows correctly. So yes you can re-vanquish.
I didn't re-vanquish the area but went in and out to another area (Tears of the fallen). Sometimes it turns yellow, sometimes red. The best solution seems to be to re-vanquish. 17:06, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- Actually if you zoom in and out the map several times they will turn red/yellow alternativly, theres realy 2 icons overlapping each others (its clearly visible when its yellow theres a red under it), i doubt revanquish give twice the credit for the title progression, or it would be a bug. 184.108.40.206 15:36, 16 April 2011 (UTC)nobody
- 192foes, 51min h/h vanq/maping. Nothing challenging here. The imp mobs can wipe you out pretty fast so be prepared to deal with them. I took gwen with cry of frustation/complicate and myself with technobable to deal with them. My vanq icon didnt turn gold either afterwords. 220.127.116.11 11:50, 6 February 2011 (UTC)
- Noted that all enemys are found north of the river, so crossing either bridge is unnecessary when searching out foes. Dakutu village is all there is on the other side, along with an exit to Tears of the Fallen zone. Puk 04:45, 13 May 2012 (UTC)
Re-entering this zone worked for me. I think this bug and solution needs to be on the page... I'm putting it there. Drvst 15:12, 18 July 2012 (UTC)
- I've readded the image to the page. Prior to reading this talk page section, I misunderstood what the bug was. --Silver Edge 08:03, 6 July 2013 (UTC)
Even after completing War in Kryta, Livia (hero) appears as a Shining Blade Necromancer in the party window in Talmark Wilderness. I do have some war in kryta bounties active. but I didnt look hard to try and find where the real Livia was on the map. She wasn't at the Shining Blade Camp, which was empty except for the merchant/collector/etc. Jafar 03:14, 28 October 2010 (UTC)
- Abandon all bounties and try again. Rose Of Kali 22:13, 6 February 2011 (UTC)
The Getting there section claims that the shortest route to get to the area is from Fisherman's Haven. In my opinion it's actually much faster from Temple of the Ages. Anyone else agree? --The preceding unsigned comment was added by Fizban (talk • contribs) at 20:54, 25 March 2011 (UTC).
- Short and faster are relative terms that depend on context (short as the crow flies? as the toon walks? for the player to quickly reach a destination?). I've replaced the original text with a more neutral phrasing.
- These days, faster is going to depend more on whether you have heroes/mercs with running skills rather than whether one route is requires more walking and/or killing than another. — Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 21:43, 25 March 2011 (UTC)
- Agreed on the whole relative terms thing. Having it neutral is fine, however traveling from Fisherman's Haven requires passage through two areas (Stringray Strand and Tears of the Fallen) while from Temple of the Ages you only have to travel through The Black Curtain. On top of that, there are less enemies to fight on the way there from the Temple and the distance on the map (at least on my screen) is actually shorter. No real need to change it again, just wanted to further explain myself. Fizban