|Given by|| Melonni |
in Command Post
|Preceded by||Kodonur Crossroads|
(Click to enlarge)
Investigate the waterworks in the Floodplain of Mahnkelon, and search for the source of any taint in the river.
This quest becomes unobtainable after the Rilohn Refuge mission is completed.
- Explore the area surrounding the Waterworks.
- Rescue Turlon.
- Talk to Turlon.
- See Lonai for your reward.
The best starting point for this quest is Rilohn Refuge, since the initial objective is just south of the outpost. Exploring the area, you will find Turlon, who is under attack from a group of heket, rescue him to complete the quest.
- 15 Turlon
- "When we cleansed our sanctuary, I felt something was...not right. The river itself feels tainted. The Waterworks to the east irrigates most of Kourna. We should send a party to the Floodplain of Mahnkelon to investigate. If there is a connection between the darkness that sundered the Sunspears and the river, all of Kourna may be affected."
- When approaching Turlon
- Turlon: "HELP! Don't let these beasts eat me! I'm too young to die!"
- After killing the Hekets
- "Wait! You're Sunspears, aren't you? Please don't hurt me! I have a family that depends on me.
- Have I seen anything strange? Yeah, you could say that. Bayel and Varesh were just here assessing the situation. Something...dark...seeped into the facility recently. Its presence is agitating the critters, making them fiercer than they were before. It's affecting the water as well. I don't know what it is. None of us do. We've had to double our shifts just to keep the machinery working, pumping the water from the Elon.
- Thank you for sparing me. I will tell no one of your visit. The last thing I need is more trouble."
- Melonni: "It is frightening to see the river, our lifeblood, exploited like this. Something must be done." (if present)
- Zhed Shadowhoof: "The land is changed here, almost as if it thirsts. But I wouldn't expect a two-legs to feel it." (if present)
- "So there is something fouling up the Waterworks? That would explain all the complaints we've received regarding the river's flow. This can't be mere coincidence. I suspect this is an element of Varesh's larger plan. You need to head out to determine whatever is consuming the water. Go."