ArenaNet:In-game talk/Archive Aug-Oct 2007
Note: Gaile Gray visited the community three times on this day, the following summary combines all visits.
- Arena Net is aware of the problems with the Bonus Mission Pack
- They passed the wish to aquire this pack in other ways to the responsible department
- No further options to rename characters, renaming would lead to scams/exploits
- No planned changes to the "Valor" monument.
- No chance of getting festival hats after Mad King Thorn's last visit
- Removal of festival decoration tomorrow
- The Teller of Tales was not in game, they didn't manage to implement him this year
- Arena Net bans around a thousand bots a day
- New payment methods are under way, unfortunately without any detailed dates
- A ladder reset is under discussion
- Balance update may be coming soon
- She knows nothing about Housing and dragons in Guild Wars 2
- The report system has been very well received, but future modifications are possible
- She knows nothing about Norn / Asura festivals, she is going to ask
- The idea of a Festival Hats NPC being added to guild halls is being passed on to the proper authority (this happened in a future update)
- For most part it's the usual Mad King Thorn visit information
- She did mention they're considering pet stable for GW2 and she'll try to look into it for GW1
- Looking into dying hero armor
- Looking into key holder
- Overheard devs talking about gender-changing tonic
- Mentioned devs are aware of spiritway concerns
- Results of Halloween contest before or on Halloween.
- Maybe more prizes because of a great many of good contributions.
- She does not know if a change for weapons is coming for the Hall of Monuments.
- They have got many good ideas for the Hall of Monuments, but unsure if this will be implemented.
- Main focus is now the development of Guild Wars 2, and they don't want to delay this game because of feature development for Guild Wars.
- Mad King Thorn is coming soon!
- She hopes to get a Mad King minipet.
- Halloween website on Tuesday.
- Many old things to come for this event, with some innovations.
A Big Thing™ is coming - and this won't be new hats nor minipets.(Gaile said this to be misconstrued on October 26th while in-game)
Gaile hopped on to answer some questions before GW:EN went live.
- Error 173 means the store is really busy, please try again later.
- Not likely to be another new expansion, but updated content for GW:EN.
- Andrew may be pushing the team for an emote for the Gladiator title.
- The customization process for miniatures in the Hall of Monuments may change to allow account use rather than character.
Note: The data center experienced a cooling core failure which knocked out the entire building. The temperature got up to 115F (46C) degrees and caused system wide crashes. The cooling system has been replaced and the servers are full functional again.
- No new Elite skills in GW:EN
- Data Center has been fully recovered
- Dungeons are set to a party Size of 8.
- A new "Platinum Edition" Guild Wars will be released in Europe around the beginning of September, and in North American sometime in October, available on the Online Store and PlayNC on August 31st.
- The new Platinum Edition includes Prophecies and GW:EN
- New Wallpaper will be offered soon.
- Guild Wars 2 may have day and night cycles.
- With the Data Center failure, some data may have been lost. A rollback would not be possible as the failure did not directly affect everyone.
- No extra storage pages with GW:EN
- GW:EN does not offer more character slots
- AB servers might not be working right
- Characters in GW:EN don't need to be ascended
- Brand the Boss winners should hear from ANet soon
- Return to Tyria Sweepstakes for both North America and Europe will be announced this Friday
- No news on a "ranged"-pet for GW:EN
- No known plans for a Guild Wars Movie.
- No plans for a Dutch district