Talk:Heart of the Shiverpeaks (quest)
 I removed this line
- "Sometimes Cyndr looses aggro and becomes undefeatable. If that happens only Barbs can kill him, don't use crates."
For several reasons:
- It doesn't matter if Cyndr is "loses aggro;" it only matters if you can cause damage.
- You cannot damage (or hex) the worm while Mountain Heart Carapace is active.
- The primary purpose of the crates is to break the worm's protective carapace, not so much to damage Cyndr. (They deal 50 dmg and there's a delay between acquiring new crates.)
- As noted in the article, life stealing skills can bypass the protection as well as spirits, i.e. even if Cyndr becomes invulnerable, Barbs isn't the only work-around.
- Cyndr has the equivalent of four pips of health regeneration, so can burrow and pop-up at full health, depending on the amt of damage taken and how long it remains below ground.
Without further data from the original poster, it's hard to know whether their difficulty in defeating Cyndr was due to a bug, with not noticing that the Carapace had regenerated (as it does when Cyndr pops up again), with the display of Cyndr's health bar (there are general circumstances in which the red bar shows full, even though the foe/ally has taken damage), or something else.
- It just happened to me. Definitely a bug. He just sits there and doesn't do anything, and no matter how many times you break the carapace and attack him he takes no damage. Very frustrating, had to re-do the entire quest. 220.127.116.11 02:47, 5 July 2012 (UTC)
- Just a note, it happened after we wiped and had to come back in from the rez shrine, so it might have something to do with the "losing aggro" thing above. 18.104.22.168 02:57, 5 July 2012 (UTC)
- Just had it happen again on another run... fml. FIX THIS ARENANET. 22.214.171.124 03:27, 5 July 2012 (UTC)
- And I didn't die this time. So I have no idea what's causing it. 126.96.36.199 03:29, 5 July 2012 (UTC)