To Sorrow's Furnace
|To Sorrow's Furnace|
|Section||Southern Shiverpeaks Quests|
|Given by|| Dwarven Prospector |
in Grenth's Footprint
|Followed by||The Final Assault|
Overview quest for initial adventures in Sorrow's Furnace.
- Help Galen Trask complete his mission inside Sorrow's Furnace.
- Help Kilroy Stonekin complete his mission inside Sorrow's Furnace.
- Help High Priest Alkar complete his mission inside Sorrow's Furnace.
- Help Orozar Highstone complete his mission inside Sorrow's Furnace.
- Find Galen Trask somewhere in Grenth's Footprint.
- Lead Galen Trask into Sorrow's Furnace.
- Find Kilroy Stonekin somewhere in Grenth's Footprint.
- Lead Kilroy Stonekin into Sorrow's Furnace.
- Find High Priest Alkar somewhere in Grenth's Footprint.
- Lead High Priest Alkar into Sorrow's Furnace.
- Find Orozar Highstone somewhere in Grenth's Footprint.
- Lead Orozar Highstone into Sorrow's Furnace.
- 10,000 Experience
This quest actually involves four subquests. There is no particular order in which these subquests must be completed; however, all the subquests cannot be acquired at the same time.
Starting from the Deldrimor War Camp, for each of the four parts of the main "container" quest you'll have to:
- Find a dwarf in Grenth's Footprint (and probably kill a couple of Stone Summit bosses along the way; this is not difficult, but when fighting the mobs here, take out the Stone Summit Gnashers as a priority, before they overwhelm the party with animated Bone Fiends);
- Lead the dwarf to Sorrow's Furnace (and you can only lead one at a time);
- Speak to the dwarf within the door of Sorrow's Furnace;
- Complete the subquest that they in turn give you.
Each of these subquests must be completed before exiting Sorrow's Furnace, or you will be required to locate the relevant NPC in Grenth's Footprint again.
Each of the subquests is a repeatable quest, and a good source of experience points.
For more information, see the individual entries:
- Summit Slaves (given by Galen Trask, and this one involves sub-subquests)
- Kilroy Stonekin (given by Kilroy Stonekin)
- Unspeakable, Unknowable (given by High Priest Alkar)
- Noble Intentions and Noble Intentions Plan B (given by Orozar Highstone)
- "Grenth's Footprint is a dangerous place. Many's the traveler to these lands who left his bones by the wayside and his family wondering what became of him. There are three Dwarves and a human here who could use a well-armed escort. Will ye go and seek them out?"
Accepting High Priest Alkar's part:
- High Priest Alkar:Come, I need to get back to my temple as soon as possible.
Accepting Galen Trask's part:
- "If we dress you as a slave, you'll make the perfect spy. Let's go." (speech bubble)
When talking to him again in Grenth's Footprint
- "I'll wait here until you're ready." (speech bubble)
- "Ye made it there and back, eh? Excellent."