I'm not sure if you know of the copyright policy, but simply put, please do not port over GuildWiki information/templates unless it is either in-game information (if not exact wording as in-game, please reword), or official information released by ANet. — Rapta (talk|contribs) 18:22, 28 March 2007 (EDT)
- Also for the templates you were copying over, see Template:Creature infobox instead. :) --Rainith 18:23, 28 March 2007 (EDT)
- Actually, Creature Infobox is deprecated now. Template:NPC infobox is the new thing. You can find more about that, and the formatting guidelines + examples on how to use it here Guild Wars Wiki:Formatting/NPCs. Cheers. :) --Dirigible 18:27, 28 March 2007 (EDT)
- Heh, just saw that in the formatting page as you posted this. =P — Rapta (talk|contribs) 18:28, 28 March 2007 (EDT)
Hello Tenshi Strife
, and welcome to the Guild Wars Official Wiki! Here are some recommended guidelines to help you get involved. Please feel free to contact me if you need help with anything. Best of luck and happy editing! Fox
19:43, 28 March 2007 (EDT)
- See the FAQ for more information on the history and vision of Guild Wars Wiki.
- For technical help on how to edit, consult any of these links:
Don't be afraid to edit—anyone can edit almost any page, and we encourage you to be bold! Find something that can be improved, whether content, grammar or formatting, and make it better.
- We try to follow a common style and format across articles for consistency. When editing, you can generally look at a similar article for an example or consult the formatting guidelines.
- Other wikis for Guild Wars generally use licenses that are incompatible with ours, and most of their content cannot be used here. See Guild Wars Wiki:Copyrighted content for details.
- This wiki has its own policies which you might like to check out. Also see Guild Wars Wiki:Article retention for more about what kind of information is retained here.
- See Guild Wars Wiki:User page for details and guidelines for personalized pages.
- As a new wiki, we are still missing a lot of articles. If you find a subject that needs an article, you can add some basic information and create it (it doesn't have to be complete!). See the list of wanted pages for pages that are linked to, but have not yet been created.
- Some articles have only basic information and need to be filled out -- these are known as "stubs". To find and help with these, look through Category:Stubs.
- To join or start a focused effort on improving specific areas of the wiki, see Guild Wars Wiki:Projects.
- Some users like to browse pages at random to find articles to improve. Use the "Random page" link in the side navigation box.
- To keep up-to-date with current wiki activities, see the community portal and Guild Wars Wiki:Discussion.