The bonus is counted on killing all the surrounding the groups that they're in, not just kill the Harbingers. — Skuld 16:32, 2 November 2007 (UTC)
A Minion Master makes this almost too easy IrishRedneck 21:33, 4 December 2007 (UTC)
I played this mission once and the boss did not spawn so we killed everything we could and it didnt help..oh well184.108.40.206 22:02, 26 January 2008 (UTC)
Sigh... they should at least give Jonah more health than what a hard mode boss can do in 1 hit. Its stupid to just lose the mission because the boss hits for 600 on a 500 hp npc... no chance to prot.
Add to notes or bugs: If you do not talk to Elder Jonah, the gates will still open but the margonites will not attack. Zero4549 01:24, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
This mission seems abnormally buggy to me...
- First try the vial skill wouldn't make the harbringers vulnerable.
- Jonah follows out of village to heal minions.. and when engaging final boss Jonah rushes back to ronjok into the margonites which spawn for final harbringer.
Is elder jonah trying to heal some other patrol that goes for ronjok npcs in the final battle? Just wasted 2hrs with the same series of glitches + bugs. --Chieftain Alex 13:33, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
- What's your problem guys? Every NPC monk heals minions. That's no bug at all. Just let your minions die and Jonah will stop following. Pudding 15:26, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
Just experianced that: I did bounus and then killing the last mob when Jonah died. Don't know why but he died! 220.127.116.11 22:11, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
- Most buggy mish ever. Three mish ending bugs in a row. UNacceptable. --18.104.22.168 16:18, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
- Vial not working: it's a projectile, it can miss.
- Jonah following minions: known NPC issue.
- Jonah can easily die off-screen if he followed you a little ways out of Ronjok. --JonTheMon 16:23, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
This is how to fix the bug where Jonah dies while you are fighting the last Harbinger:
- I've run this mission in HM so many times that I've gotten it down to an art form. I've fought the last Harbinger several times only to have Jonah suddenly start taking damage and die. After many hours or repeated failure, I've FINALLY figured out why this happens. I don't know how the pathing works exactly but when you get the final Harbinger to half health he will summon allies which are supposed to path towards you and block off your escape. It seems as though one of the groups is pathing towards Melonni which I had flagged to stay behind in Ronjak. This caused them to run straight into Jonah and turn him into mince meat. This isn't as apparent in NM since the Harbinger can be killed more quickly but if you are planning to play it in HM, don't leave Melonni in Ronjak! Zhro (talk) 07:01, 3 December 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks, I hope that will save a lot of people some headaches! G R E E N E R 08:16, 3 December 2015 (UTC)
Harbinger of Nightfall Sustains Health Decrease...
I tried the strategy of fleeing the Harbinger to fight the other enemies he summons at half health, and I noticed that while I was away, he took damage once every 3/4-1 second and maintained his 1/2 health status without me having to do anything. 22.214.171.124 04:46, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
Skill update means one skill tip invalid
Due to the skill update 6th August 2009 (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Game_updates/20090806) It is no longer a requirement to bring Charm animal, just Comfort Animal, and replacing Comfort animal leaves your pet with no healing or res.
- removed. --126.96.36.199 04:49, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
If you are just doing the night falls handbook, or just need the mission in hm and not the bonus,this little tip helps.
When you enter the mission, dont talk to Elder jonah,(don't take Vial of Purified Water). After just 1 min the doors will open, you can now run out and kill the groups that are around the final Harbinger of Nightfall. The two harbringers of twilight are still in the castle though.
At this point you can go back and take the quest, kill the few groups that spawn and run in to Elder jonah, then you can go kill the Harbinger of Nightfall who is alone.Or if your going for bonus,Kill the guys in the castle then come back to the Harbinger of Nightfall.Sure, the mobs surrounding the Harbinger of Nightfall are not connected to him, but they are often aggroed and i have seen many groups fail there Micro
Be careful with the 3-4 Margonite Sorcerer's near the Harbringer of Nightfall in HM. You don't need SY or an ST Rit or anything for this mission, but they hit hard with lightning spells. Try and pull the adjacent group out of the pit before tackling them. It would probably help to be melee and able to tank some damage. 2 Aura of the Liche Minion Masters otherwise made pretty short work of this mission in HM averaging about 20 total minions for the earlier parts and 10-15 to finish up. I cleared it all out ahead of time and it still only took 20 or so minutes. --LunarRXA (talk) 20:47, 28 March 2017 (UTC)
I went out and killed every single mob (literally) before getting the vial skill, trying to see if that would prevent any waves from coming in. Then i got the vial skill, and no waves came. No bosses spawned either, so i went out and killed the two bonus harbringers and guess what..the big boss harbringer isnt even there. So im just standing in an empty map right now with bonus complete and the boss missed his appointment :( ПALANA 17:52, 13 September 2009 (UTC)
I've had a similar problem, except every member HAD the vials. My team mates fought the waves well I killed the bonus harbringers, but after the waves, we went to the "boss" harbringer, only to find him not spawning. Xdeadzx 05:33, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
More of the same. I've done the mission 3 times today and never will the Harbinger of Nightfall show himself. Is he scared? --Remlwc 19:27, 28 January 2010 (UTC)
== This place is justnext to the sunspearsanctuary, the sunspears are from istan, so they took some peasants with them... 188.8.131.52 10:17, 22 November 2009 (UTC)
That yellow dot
Look at the help map it makes it seem that theirs a Harbinger down their, took me a few tries to a few hours to realize that. Hopefully no one made the same mistake >< --"Get crazy with the cheese wiz" -Beck 15:31, 8 July 2010 (UTC)
- it's okay--★NeiN★ 15:43, 8 July 2010 (UTC)
Hilarious in Hindsight
Harbringers of Twilight. An apocalyptic event....Twilight? Anet predicted it...May just be me, and it obviously isn't a reference, but dayuuuuum o.OHarrier C. Goodman talk 20:27, 15 September 2010 (UTC)
- Haha, good laugh ^Teo^ 20:38, 15 September 2010 (UTC)
The mission is tough if you don't kill all the margonites before recieving vail of purified water ..... so just make sure all the foes are dead before recieving the skill. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by User:Killer Phenom (talk).
- This mission isn't tough. I completed this in hard mode during the last weekend (which was the double Sunspear/Lightbringer weekend) with a party of 7 heroes and received the Vial of Purified Water skill at the beginning without clearing any of the foes outside the village. Completed the mission and bonus in one attempt with none of my party members dying (Elder Jonah even followed and healed my party's minions all the way to the end of the mission) and I was running a balanced team build, not discordway or any of those other team builds on pvx. --Silver Edge 03:37, 30 March 2011 (UTC)
@Silver edge: you might find this easy but I couldn't complete it till now!
With the new 7 hero update, most hard areas, missions, etc became quite easy for solo players. Also, idk if you ran into this or not but, the margonites agro very easily if you don't clear them before taking the vial skill. I had 3-4 groups in the area all agro at the same time even though 3 of them were not even in range of the agro bubble. 184.108.40.206 00:57, 22 May 2011 (UTC)
Why cant I do this?
Im a factions character, finished the nightfall campaign but when I go to nundu bay to finish up missions, its just a normal outpost. I have no primary quests, all the heroes, and have done every other mission. Ideas? --The preceding unsigned comment was added by Kalarian (talk • contribs) at 02:56, 1 August 2011 (UTC).
- Did you complete the pre-requisite, Heart or Mind: Ronjok in Danger? What happens when you speak to Dreamer Raja? — Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 10:30, 1 August 2011 (UTC)
Im having the same issue. I took the jennur's horde road. Now I cant get this to aactivate which pisses me off cause i have the ZM in my list and cant bloodywell do it.
- You need to get and complete Heart or Mind: Ronjok in Danger from Zerai the Learner in The Kodash Bazaar to get the mission, that's all.
Not sure when Nightfall came out, but this mission (Nundu quest chain) is very similar to the story line of inception.
Relation perhaps or would it be misleading because nightfall came out before the movie...