The Great Zehtuka (quest)
- This article is about the quest. For the NPC of the same name, see The Great Zehtuka.
|The Great Zehtuka (quest)|
|Given by||The Great Zehtuka |
in Jahai Bluffs
(Click to enlarge)
- Travel around Jahai Bluffs and visit landmarks commemorating the valiant deeds of the Great Zehtuka.
- See the Great Zehtuka for your reward.
This is basically a tour following Zehtuka around to various points in Jahai Bluffs listening to him blow his own horn about how great a hunter he is. The only possible trouble is the wandering groups of wildlife. You can time your party's movement to avoid many of them.
The Great Zehtuka
- "Phew.. that was a close one. That is to say, close... for them! You see, the Great Zehtuka was just about to pounce on them, but only hesitated because the Great Zehtuka wears a brand new shirt made of the finest Canthan silk. A gift from one of my many fans, naturally.
- Wait... you DO recognize me, don't you? The Great Zehtuka, exotic creature hunter extraordinaire? Ah, I thought that might jog your memory. Allow me to show you my gratitude for saving... that is, helping me with those lions. Since you are clearly a true fan, the Great Zehtuka himself will give you a guided tour of Jahai Bluffs and point out landmarks of his greatest Elonian adventures."
- Accept: "Lead on, Great Zehtuka!"
- Decline: "No thanks. I know a tourist trap when I see one."
- Ask: "I bid you greetings from the Great Zehtuka! No doubt you've heard of the Great Zehtuka's exploits in the great southern continent of Cantha. But now the Great Zehtuka hunts even stranger and greater game...the wild beasts of Elona! Not a single beast has outwitted the Great Zehtuka...and not a single one ever will."
The Great Zehtuka
- "Follow the Great Zehtuka. There is much to see and even more to tell."
Intermediate Dialogue 2 (The Great Zehtuka)
- "One day, a plague of harpies attacked this very spot from the skies above. Scooped up in their mighty talons, the Great Zehtuka went on an unforgettable ride through the skies, landing on a nest in the hills! Fortunately the mighty hunter had remembered his trusty harp. A single chord was enough to set them fighting among themselves, while the Great Zehtuka bravely slipped away!"
Intermediate Dialogue 3 (The Great Zehtuka)
- "It was only a few days ago that a vicious griffin, lured by the enticing smells of an outdoor banquet, fiercely attacked this helpless village. With but a single arrow, the Great Zehtuka struck the griffin down from a mile away. It was just an everyday feat for the greatest hunter of our age, but apparently, the villagers thought it a big deal. Let's move on."
Intermediate Dialogue 4 (The Great Zehtuka)
- "The Great Zehtuka was hot on the trail of a rampaging ntouka when a powerful blow struck him from behind! A vile, treacherous heket had ambushed the most skilled hunter in the world, launching his strike from those very cliffs you see before you. Fortunately, the creature had not counted on the wrestling skills the Great Zehtuka had picked up at the renowned Shing Jea Monastery!"
Intermediate Dialogue 5 (The Great Zehtuka)
- "I know you want to hear more daring tales of the great Zehtuka, but it will be dark soon, and the prey will be on the move. Journey to the gates of Jahai with the Great Zehtuka and there we will go our separate ways."
Intermediate Dialogue 6 (The Great Zehtuka)
The Great Zehtuka
- "I hope you have enjoyed the heroic tales of my storied past. I'll be heading into Vabbi now to seek out new prey and adventure of a different sort... these trophies are sure to bring a tidy fortune and the Great Zehtuka needs pocket money! I do hope we will meet again, my friend. You've more than earned your share, and the gratitude of the Great Zehtuka."
- Zehtuka will not wait for your group to keep up, and will travel past the edge of the small square map (at standard size). The best way to catch up with him is keeping this quest active, and follow the stars and/or arrows.