The Great Zehtuka
|The Great Zehtuka|
Eye of the North
The Great Zehtuka is a self-proclaimed great hunter and is well known amongst the non-adventurous for his adventurous exploits. His actions betray his own proclamations; however, in that he is often trapped himself or unwilling to confront his prey. He seems to be following in the player character's footsteps to a degree, and even takes claim for some of their actions such as killing the Apocrypha.
There seems to be some level of degree of truth to his claims; however, as he appears to have left various of his items in the Desolation, which no normal mortal can cross without aid. He also has some survival instincts, as he is capable of surviving in the Realm of Torment on his own, though seemingly incapable of fighting against the demons and Margonites there.
- Eye of the North
Quests involved in:
- Eye of the North
- Tihark Orchard
- "O, it's you again <character name>. You're just in time to see me off! I'm preparing for my next hunting safari...the greatest safari the lands of Vabbi have ever seen! I am heading into the Desolation after the greatest wurm to burrow the sands of Elona! I shall return a triumphant hero, dragging the carcass of the beast behind me so all can celebrate my prowess! Surely there will be a feast greater than even the one before you today when I return. Make sure you attend. It will be an historic occasion!"
- Norn Fighting Tournament
- Before battle: "Stand in awe. The greatest of all hunters is before you! Someday, you will tell your grandchildren that this was the day you met a legend in the flesh!"
- After Defeat: "The Great Zehtuka has allowed you to win so that you do not become discouraged by your failures. Let that be a valuable lesson to you!"
- After Defeat if you had a Zehtuka's Great Horn in your inventory: "You only managed to beat me because I was distracted by the great horn you carry, which you clearly must have known was mine! Let me take that off your hands so that our next match may be more fair. Here, take this other one as a reward for returning it to me."
- In the mission Tihark Orchard, while participating in the game with Zilo the Drunkard, The Great Zehtuka becomes hostile if you take his drink. He will become allied again if his health drops below about one-fifth.
- Zehtuka appears in The Norn Fighting Tournament.
- There are several items that belong to him. Four of them randomly appear in the explorable areas of the Desolation: Zehtuka's Great Horn, Zehtuka's Jug, Zehtuka's Pack, and Zehtuka's Shortbow.
- Zehtuka's Jug, Zehtuka's Pack and Zehtuka's Shortbow have their own use.
- Zehtuka's Great Horn can be exchanged for Zehtuka's Horn when beating him in the Norn Fighting Tournament.
- In Guild Wars 2, there are beverage bottles labeled as "Zehtuka". They cannot be interacted with, however.