Good Demon Hunting
|Good Demon Hunting|
|Section||Realm of Torment Quests|
|Given by||Churrazek |
in Gate of Torment
(Realm of Torment)
Help the Great Zehtuka in confronting a great demon he calls "The Darkness."
- Seek out the Great Zehtuka in Nightfallen Jahai.
- Slay the demon pestering the Great Zehtuka.
- Follow the Great Zehtuka
- Draw out "the Darkness."
- Kill Zealous Amarantha and her minions.
- See Churrazek for your reward.
Complete this quest while performing others taken at Gate of Torment to save time. Assist Zehtuka to defeat the nearby Awakened Defiler, then follow him to kill a group of Margonites with the Zealous Amarantha boss.
- "Ahai! Are you great hunters, as well? Perhaps you can go help the Great Zehtuka. He's out there right now fighting the Darkness for all of us. Did you know he single-handedly defeated the Drought and Apocrypha? Now he's trying to save us all. But I fear defeating one of Abaddon's generals might be too much for even the Great Zehtuka to handle alone. Would you find Zehtuka and lend him a hand?"
- Approaching The Great Zehtuka
- The Great Zehtuka: "Phew...that was close. For the monsters, that is! The Great Zehtuka could have defeated them himself, of course, but fan participation is important. You have questions, I'm sure. But now is not the time. The Great Zehtuka has discovered the cause of all this evil. A great demon called "the Darkness" hides a short distance away. Follow me. We must defeat him!"
- Approaching Zealous Amarantha
- The Great Zehtuka: "Ow! ...my leg! The Great Zehtuka is momentarily incapacitated. But the Darkness won't wait. Quick! Draw out the demon before it flees! The Great Zehtuka will finish him off as soon as he works out this cramp in his leg."
- Zealous Amarantha: "Another fool sent by the ridiculous hunter to harass me. If you're lucky enough to survive, perhaps you can explain to the Great Hunter that his nemesis is a statue."
- Defeating Zealous Amarantha
- The Great Zehtuka: "That was well fought! At least for amateurs, such as yourselves. The Great Zehtuka regrets he can no longer aid you. There are yet more demons to vanquish. Surely somewhere there is a demon worthy enough to be called my foe!"
- "It's a pity you couldn't help the Great Zehtuka defeat the Darkness. But he told me you lent much-needed moral support during the battle. Good job! Unfortunately, it seems the Darkness slipped away when the Great Zehtuka rescued you from the Margonites. That must have angered them a great deal, because I saw some Margonites chasing him past the gate a few minutes ago. I'm sure he'll be fine, though. It was only two small groups."
- This quest is automatically accepted upon encountering the Great Zehtuka in Nightfallen Jahai (no need to talk to Churrazek).
- This quest's name is a nod to the movie Good Will Hunting.
- The statue Zealous Amarantha refers to can be found throughout the Realm of Torment; similarly, Zehtuka's name for the statue shares the name of powerful demons in Menzies' Shadow Army.
- The "Big Z" comment in the decline dialogue could be a Futurama reference. Zap Brannigan refers to himself as the "Big Z"; both he and Zehtuka sharing the persona of "cowardly ego maniacs".