Eye of the North
|Best Title||Treasure Hunter|
|Favorite Skill||Rodgort's Invocation|
General purpose fire
Air Magic 8, Fire Magic 12 (16), Energy Storage 10 (11)
|Immolate||Shell Shock||Phoenix||Rodgort's Invocation||Fire Storm||Fire Attunement||Elemental Attunement||Aura of Restoration|
- Lots of fire, all day. This build only has energy problems when it encounters disenchantment; I particularly loathe Strip Enchantment.
- Enchantments initially cast right-to-left. I often re-cast Aura of Restoration to act as cover for the heavier attunements.
- Works in Alliance Battles, but works better if replacing Elemental Attunement with Charge!.
Alliance battles melee
Fire Magic 12 (16), Energy Storage 12 (13), Shadow Arts 3
|Phoenix||Double Dragon||Inferno||Flame Burst||Death's Charge||Glyph of Elemental Power||Fire Attunement||Aura of Restoration|
- For Random Arenas, consider replacing Glyph of Elemental Power or Aura of Restoration with Grasping Earth.
- Note: this build pre-dates the January 2012 developer update - if I try it again, I might replace Double Dragon with Star Burst.
Assassin's Promise nuker
Fire Magic, Energy Storage, Deadly Arts
|Glyph of Sacrifice||Meteor Shower||Assassin's Promise||Pain Inverter||Breath of Fire||Ebon Vanguard Assassin Support||Elemental Lord||Aura of Restoration|
I get asked often where "Nom" is from. I chose it in 1993, while at uni. It's short and easy to say, and is an anagram of the middle three letters of the alphabet.
"Nom" is also:
- French for name (as in Nom de plume)
- The name of a sandgorgon in Stephen Donaldson's Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. I strongly suspect Donaldson is making a pun on "name", above.
- A recent internet onomatopoeia for eating. My handle pre-dates this by about a decade and a half, so no, I'm not referring to it in any way, form or manner.